No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks folks, I am heading out on the bike right now. This week's topic when I return.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

If I have a vote, I cast it for Eli69, it’s the view of the shot that I like most, it has an artistic appeal.
      While I do agree with Don, I must admit that I’m guilty of removing my baffle sometimes too.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Theme for this week is "Same Name". We all do it, look for Streets, Roads or places containing our name or something similar. In my case I have a "Scott" road and a "Marvin" road within 3 miles of the house.

IMG_4686 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
        Last edited by marvinsc; 02-01-2020, 04:21 PM.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Okay, I got this one... Anyone know where this picture was taken? Yeah, Norman, Indiana a small town I found during the Brown County Rally, on the way to Story Indiana. I had to stop and take a picture to send to mom.🌞
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yeah, Norman, Indiana a small town I found. . . . .
            hummm, a town called Norman? How far is that from Normal ? hee hee
            Last edited by Redman; 02-01-2020, 08:25 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
              If I have a vote, I cast it for Eli69, it’s the view of the shot that I like most, it has an artistic appeal.
              While I do agree with Don, I must admit that I’m guilty of removing my baffle sometimes too.
              Yes you do have a vote, but 1) voting is on Fridays and 2) in the event of a tie (as this time) the vote is broken by the first tie-breaking vote. Which was cast about fifteen minutes before your vote.

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              hummm, a town called Norman? How far is that from Normal ? hee hee
              231 miles from Norman, IN to Normal, IL.

And my first and last name are pretty hard to find, but my middle name is William, and there are two Bill's in this mural...
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

I'm glad the tie finally got broken. I was thinking about a way to sort this if it ever comes to a stalemate.

How about if no tie breaking vote comes in by whatever is deemed a reasonable time, whichever pic was posted first during the week takes the win? Of course, we've had ties before and they always get broken eventually...

Anyway, just a thought. Now to upload a pic I grabbed earlier today.
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Shucks, Kerry took my idea of using a mural. Oh well, here goes.

Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

No Ride today. (sleet most all morning).
                    Is a David street a couple blocks away, but nothing interesting there.

Did see this on my Ride-RT-Home this past summer.
                    Stopped and took this pic real quick, rather documentary snapshot, just to send to my brothers.

Have lived around Michigan in about 10 places since I was 4 years old, and never heard of another Varner here untill I was about 40 years old, and then none after that.
                    Although, when I was a kid and we went to visit my Dads family in Johnstown PA area, it was quite a thing to look in phonebook and see almost two pages of them.
                    Last edited by Redman; 02-01-2020, 10:07 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Don't have anything with my names so I'll go with part of my username

cowboyup bar by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I like the entries so far!

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I have a great picture, but my bike isn't in it.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Go ahead and post it, just state "Not an entry".

Where I've been Riding

Comment

OK. THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY!!

From my work assignment in Flori-duh, back in 2010.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice Steve, too bad you couldn't get a bike into the shot. :-)

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X