No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning! Hope y'all had a good Valentines Day!

Right now the vote count is:

One vote for Kerrfunk
    Two votes for Sandy and Burque73
    Currently tied at four votes each is Agemax and steve murdoch
    (Someone please double check)

Both are very good photos, and I like the bikes in each.
    Looking at them strictly from a photographic point of view, I will give my late, tie-breaker vote to Agemax with that wonderful landscape.
    It would still be very nice without the bikes.

So if no one objects to my breaking the tie, Agemax wins with five votes!

(If anyone does object to my breaking the tie, now is the time to speak up.)
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

No objections from me
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

thanks guys, its getting difficult to pick a new theme now, does anyone have a list of all the previously used themes?
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          thanks guys, its getting difficult to pick a new theme now, does anyone have a list of all the previously used themes?
          Kerrfunk keeps a record of all the themes...he should be along soon.

Comment

Maybe we could discuss whether a theme needs to be permanently retired after one use. After 100+ weeks the pool of most obvious and popular themes, the ones people are most likely to have a picture of in their collection, could be getting a little shallow. Maybe a certain period of time before eligible again? Winners could either go classic or creative.
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
              Maybe we could discuss whether a theme needs to be permanently retired after one use. After 100+ weeks the pool of most obvious and popular themes, the ones people are most likely to have a picture of in their collection, could be getting a little shallow. Maybe a certain period of time before eligible again? Winners could either go classic or creative.
              I have no problem with repeats, and sometimes revisiting a theme gives great results.
              One of the problems I see is many try to be too specific, creating ideas that belong more in the "tag" game.
              Themes, like "reflections" "orange" "decay" "light and dark" etc., are wide open, creative, and there is an endless supply of them.
              The trick I've found, is to forget motorcycles at all, when search for a theme.
              I've also stolen themes from one of my photography forums, who do this kind of thing all the time.

Or....Google "Photo Contest Theme Ideas"

EDIT: Retiring a theme would be OK, I guess, but it would create another record to keep.

Comment

Ok to save wasting time, i will pick a theme that i dont think has been used before, but if it has, it will give you all a chance to show a different picture. We in the UK are in the clutches of storm Dennis at the moment so i thought maybe we could try and brighten up the mood a bit.
                We have had weather phenomon, moody skies so how about beautiful BLUE SKY.

Not the sun, or funny looking clouds, just a predominent beautiful blue sky.

Here is my entry, taken during the summer last year......

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

That would be two feet underwater today.
                  1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                    No need to permanently retire a theme. That seems to be more of an unspoken rule really that we don't repeat them. It would be nice, however, if we can use new or previously unused photos. Even then, there have been pics reused that fit multiple themes. One that comes to mind is Trevor's shot of the salt flats. Used in the Big Sky theme and another previous one as well. I really like that pic so it sticks in my mind.

Classic or creative, nice idea.

There isn't a cloud in the sky here today and since my job fell through, I've got the day off. Now I'm torn between installing the new shoes (Shinko 230's) on my GS, or running the old ones a little while longer since they still have some life left in them and the weather is so nice.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I kept a record of half of 2018 and all of 2019 and then I took a break. No particular reason.
                      I don't mind record-keeping again. I'll jump on the records on Monday.

So. Blue sky.
                      MY ENTRY. (which I took last year for the "big sky" theme) :

This one is NOT MY ENTRY, but it's a cool sky pic that my daughter took near my brother's home in Geneva (but we were actually in France)
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

No signature

Comment

Except for the shooting star, this is the only shot I have of a mostly clear blue sky. Dang asteroid ruined my shot
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Here's one taken on the way home from a previous rally taken at the Lower Klamath Wildlife Refuge near the California/Oregon border. Might have used a similar shot previously for another theme.

IMGP1621A by soates50, on Flickr
                            Last edited by Sandy; 02-15-2020, 05:53 PM.
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

About 90 miles short of Austin NV. haulin butt with the sidecar...

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

IMG_3858 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
                                X