No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it's Redman's photo for me as well. I love the way everything is silhouetted against the sunset.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

About the coaster and my pictures in general.... like my riding time, my pictures are generally taken when I get a chance. I rarely have the option to schedule picture taking when the light is just so, etc. More of a documentation of where and when I'm at an interesting spot.
      The coaster pic was taken a few years ago when I rode to Maryland for a week long work training. Still not sure how our service manager didn't balk at my riding down, but I got paid for gas, lodging....... and a tire plug kit when I picked up a screw in the tire. Typically every day after class I would explore and found the coaster. I also found a really cool abandoned drag strip, but couldn't get my bike in due to ditches and locked gates. The weather was touchy all week, and I hit rain on the miserable ride home - a case of a poor route choice.
      Last edited by dorkburger; 04-27-2018, 09:36 AM.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        About the coaster .........
        .....................................More of a documentation of where and when I'm at an interesting spot. ......
        But you recognized the scene would be interesting (seeing the structure) (good lighting), and choose a good perspective (direction of flags). And you had your bike as an element in the photo.

You know, I live in something of a tourist town, and see a lot of people pull into parking lot by the beach/pier/sunset, they either lean out the window of their car or get out and step in front of their car, take a picture and 2 minutes later they are gone and then someone else pulls into that spot and does the same thing. I want to run up to them and say "hey, your picture aint gonna be any different than the last guy that stood there. Hey, You know, Next year or five-ten years from now your picture is going to be of no interest to you or anybody. Hey, get your selves in the picture, or get your car in the picture. Here, let me take picture for you.... you stand next to your car....". (and I have a few times).

And, on the other end of the extreme, I look at the pictures folks have posted here.
        What a bunch of weirdos.
        Now, just think, just what small percentage of people would see dozens and dozens of balloon in the air and say to them selves "Wow, that is unique, that is spectacular, that would make an interesting photo. Now where can I park my motorcycle so can get it in the picture too.".....?

I suppose that is about as weird as a guy that says "Hey, the sky looks like could be a nice sunset, I should head back into town and try to find a good place to park motorcycle near the beach."

Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

After review of all photos, I also have to vote for Redman.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

You're funny Dave, and also make some very good points. We recently went through our boxes of printed photos and found many shots of a beach, sunset, trees or a random animal from a trip to the zoo. Without a person in the photo or something we can connect them to there is nothing interesting about it years down the road.

The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the most photographed event in the world. You'd be surprised how many millions of photos are taken during that event. Going back to what you said, we found boxes of balloon fiesta pics. We tossed any that were just boring balloon photos but kept ones of the kids and balloons or bikes or whatever and balloons.

Great photos this week. Seems there are always more pic posts than vote posts.

Please vote guys, doesn't have to be a lengthy process, unless your the analytical sort. Just drop a name of one you like to help move the game along.

Someone recently mentioned having a like button on the forum posts and how that would be handy. That would be nice to "like " photos while still just picking one fave for the week. In any case it's still fun.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Had nothing to submit on the subject, on viewing all the photos there are some good ones.

My vote goes to Redman
              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
              past bikes. RF900
              TL1000s
              Hayabusa
              gsx 750f x2
              197cc Francis Barnett
              various British nails

Comment

Redman
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Tough crowd... gs forum and Wes Cooley himself looking up at something you see how often? Doesn’t even get a mention...lol 🙂
                  No signature

Comment

Saturday, Vote Tally.
                    10 votes.

2 votes for Glen Dorkburger's Coaster Structure and Flags photo.
                    8 votes for that goofy guy Redman's Sunset Beach Gulls photo.
                    And some mentions for Burque, Lurch, Steve, Trevor and Jedz.

I have some photos in mind, but need to decide which and what theme-topic will be of the most interest to more folks.
                    Will be back later today.
                    Last edited by Redman; 04-28-2018, 07:31 AM. Reason: and Jedz

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Outstanding In Field (or at least field in view)

For this week:
                      Outstanding In Field (or at least some field in field of view, do not need to be IN the field)

This from Brown County rally some years ago. Was seeing these rolls out in the fields all over, then saw one field where was a way to get into the field (that is; not a big ditch not big tractor ruts).
                      I imagine lots of folks have pics with, I don't know, corn fields, or fields with cows, or other such scenic, ah, er, um, pastoral settings.
                      Last edited by Redman; 04-28-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Okay, how about this one from back when I first got the bike and really started riding it in 2011. This was back home in Colorado next to my neighbor's place who had a couple of old horse drawn plows in their property. Yes, this is the front side of their 40 acres and you can see my old place in the upper right corner

Antique by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Near my home over looking Woodwyn farm...with the Pacific ocean far off...

No signature

Comment

OK. Here's mine for the week. Farmer's fields somewhere in northern Idaho .....I think.

by soates50, on Flickr
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Sandy, you’re photos are always incredibly sharp. I’m assuming you are using some sort of Digital SLR camera?
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Shasta Valley 18 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

Cows outstanding in their field
                                Last edited by Charlie G; 04-28-2018, 04:54 PM.
                                sigpic
                                83 GS1100g
                                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                                X