No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having read the info provided on the Sculpture Garden my vote goes to Charlie G.
    Would like to visit .
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Redman 6, Kerry Kerrfunk 2, CharleyG 1.

Thank You for the votes and comments.

I have things going on with the grandkids today, will get something up for the week later today.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good deal, Dave! Can't wait to see what you have for us. I know you probably don't need any help, but here is our current list of 2018 themes:

Date Theme By
        1/21/2018 Low Light Burque73
        1/27/2018 Interesting/peculiar roadside attraction dorkburger
        2/3/2018 On the border Burque73
        2/10/2018 Slightly less than perfect riding weather Mrs. Steve
        2/18/2018 Bikes of GSR Rallys Jedz123
        2/24/2018 Sports Burque73
        3/3/2018 Playing with sunlight trevor
        3/10/2018 Reflection Redman
        3/17/2018 Motorcycle packed down storm 64
        3/24/2018 Something twisty Sandy
        3/31/2018 Water Steve
        4/7/2018 On or near a bridge Baatfam
        4/14/2018 Lonely road Redman
        4/21/2018 What's up? Burque73
        4/28/2018 Outstanding In a Field (or at least in view) Redman
        5/5/2018 "Special Effect" Sandy
        5/12/2018 "...something different that includes a part of your bike…" Gustovh
        5/19/2018 your bike casting a shadow dorkburger
        5/26/2019 Downtown Burque73
        6/2/2018 Live Action Jedz123
        6/9/2018 Picture with a passenger kerrfunk
        6/16/2018 "…your bike with some form of "Heavy equipment." Trevor
        6/23/2018 Bike at the water Redman
        6/30/2018 Mountains Jedz123
        7/7/2018 Sunset Trevor
        7/14/2018 Field repairs gustovh
        7/21/2018 Out in the rain Baatfam
        7/28/2018 "…one or more farm animals…" Burque73
        8/4/2018 "...your bike with any art." cowboyup3371
        8/11/2018 "…and interesting or really old church." Burque73
        8/18/2018 "...your bike with a flag." Steve Murdoch
        8/25/2018 Aviation Storm64
        9/1/2018 Monument wacky941
        9/8/2018 Redman
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Unexpected

"Bike In Unexpected Place".
          Would expect to see bike on road, in parking lot, in driveway, in garage.
          But am thinking about about bike in some place other than those sort of places.

At first I was thinking that would be too weird, and few folks would have such pictures.
          But I have seen several/many pictures posted here ("game" and "ride") that would fit that description.
          Have seen pics of the bike out in a field. Have seen pics of bike next to creek in the woods, or at least it looked like was out in the woods, may have been 2 feet from the parking lot, but the way the picture was posed it looked like it was in the woods. Have sen pic of bike next to cows, maybe was right next to shoulder of the road but in picture could not tell. And have seen pictures from some weird guy with his bike on the end of a dock that was up in the parking lot for the winter - oh, wait, that was me.

I would not make it a requirement, but I suppose for us to see that the bike is not on the road, we will need to see at least one wheel.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Nice...Should be fun...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I like it.
              Unlikely I'll be able to contribute for a few weeks, though. I'm going to Ireland (WOOHOO!!!) and in the interest of packing light, not even taking my laptop, so submitting will not be easy for me. I'll see about watching from afar, though!
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                I like it.
                Unlikely I'll be able to contribute for a few weeks, though. I'm going to Ireland (WOOHOO!!!) and in the interest of packing light, not even taking my laptop, so submitting will not be easy for me. I'll see about watching from afar, though!
                Kerry, you could copy-paste pics you have already posted.
                Last edited by Redman; 09-08-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Big Road Bike on the sandy beach. Which would be quite unusuall for Lake Michigan beach with its soft sand.

(although is really on a sidewalk with about an inch of sand blown over top, which did present some difficulty, would be real bad if had gone off the sidewalk into the deep sand)

Comment

How about being on a stage?
                    Never thought I would be on a stage with my motorcycle...lol...this was May2017 at The Quail Motorcycle Gathering in Monterey Ca.
                    My bike won Cycle World Magazine's "Best of Tour"...that in the ball cap is the magazine's editor Mark Hoyer....what a day that was...

No signature

Comment

Well I dug this out of the archive...

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                        I like it.
                        If you run into my liver over there could you grab it for me ? I left it somewhere in County Offaly though I'm not exactly sure where........
                        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

SummerRide6-23002.JPGThis one is from many moons ago.....
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            If you run into my liver over there could you grab it for me ? I left it somewhere in County Offaly though I'm not exactly sure where........
                            We'll be just south of Offaly, spending our nights in Abbeyliex. If I see a wayward liver, I'll let you know.
                            And I'll be honest with you, I kinda wish I could drink again, but I know that I'd go overboard, so it's a dry Ireland for me.

Comment

Redman, I'll see your "bike on a sidewalk that is hidden by an inch of sand" and raise you about a hundred yards.

Actually, I don't remember exactly how far I was from the nearest pavement, but rest assured, it wasn't within reach.

The support picture to show where that was:

This was my '79 KZ1300. Pismo Beach is about 160 miles northwest of Los Angeles, CA.

This would have been in '79 or early '80, but that is how we used to travel for our vacations.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Redman, that's a great theme idea and some cool pics so far.

Here's my bike in an unexpected place.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X