No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A buddy of mine saw me on the highway one day and took this...

No signature

Comment

Since it is being discussed....
      Originally the idea was: picture you took of your bike (or enough of your bike) where the picture meets the theme-category, as is a photo contest of the persons photo skills/imagination (and not a tag game like also existed at that time).
      Then later, some photos were taken by, say, the passenger. And the consensus was that was acceptable that someone else actually took the picture of your bike (presuming, I guess, that the submitter was involved). And so that was the precedence that someone else could have taken the picture.

You know, sorta kinda like US constitution written with something in mind (not the previous system), and then gets interpreted, and.... and.... and ....... ah, never mind.

YAh, Rodney, I thought your first pic included fairing windscreen (and then you say reflection of instruments too).

Maybe some folks conciser the authorship of the photo in their voting deliberations, maybe some dont.
      Last edited by Redman; 04-19-2020, 10:36 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Well as a point of consideration it is very difficult (not impossible) to get a shot of you riding your bike taken by you.
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

My favorite part of the day, watching the sunrise over the Green Mountains on my way to work... Bike in action.
          Best,
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Headed home,,,,
              Following Sandy up through eastern Or or Wa on our way home from the 2015
              John Day rally. Was a top 10 ride of my life, the people I met and the roads we rode!
              1981 GS850G
              1989 GL1500

Comment

Pretty hard to beat some of these pics. so I am going off road for this one.

V
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Hardly artistic, but this is about the limit of "in action" that an 850GK will do with two people aboard.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Damn, dude. That's a good pic! Looks more like a Triumph ad. Kudos, that.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                    My favorite part of the day, watching the sunrise over the Green Mountains on my way to work... Bike in action.
                    Best,
                    sigpic

Comment

I also like Bob's Triumph track-day shot. I like the motion blur...true "In Action" shots.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is my buddy a couple of years ago on his GS850G going flat out.

1984 GSX750EF
                        2000 KTM 200 exc
                        2004 KLR 650
                        1992 XR600R

Comment

Here, I finally found this pic.
                          Pic taken by me, me on bike, In action.

I also ran across this picture. <<not an entry>>
                          Am posting it for general interest, since it fits.... and to show some evidence of why/how/when the "Redman" name was ever appropriate.

1982. Me, my KZ400, Justin Redmanson.
                          Cell phone picture, of a projected 35 year old slide that has been in a moldy box in basement.
                          And the slide wasnt that good of focus to start with.
                          Last edited by Redman; 04-22-2020, 09:10 PM. Reason: found the ill-advised selfie

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Justin Redmanson.
                            I dig the name
                            I call my daughter "Tatertot" online, and sometimes I call my wife "MamaTot".
                            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Rich
                              1982 GS 750TZ
                              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I tried to grab a pic today. Had a nice ride, but no pic. Maybe tomorrow.
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X