• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Now we need Mr. Grimly....
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

What is the time difference between here and Ireland, 8 or so hours?
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        What is the time difference between here and Ireland, 8 or so hours?
        I posted the results just before 6am Eastern...So?

Comment

It is now 11:34pm Saturday in Ireland
          Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-13-2020, 06:52 PM.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Paging runner up Steve Murdoch....You might want to start thinking about a theme for this week...

Comment

<pant, gasp, wheeze>
              I've been here since 6 o'clock, honest.

Gratified, I am, to get the votes for shot of the messenger.
              Over the years it's been a standard bike, then a rat-like thing (gradual, not aimed at) then gradually became more like the kind of bike I would have wanted it to be back in the late 80s/ early 90s, when it was earning its keep.
              The two 850s, between them, paid for my house and put bread on the table, and apart from the usual failings (leaks, stator, etc) they did it fairly faultlessy every day.
              This one of the pair has become my daily (the other one awaits an engine refurb) for the past decade, and it's now clocked up more than 300K miles, so it's doing quite well. Of course, by this time a lot of the factory parts have been replaced or upgraded, so it's hardly realistic to claim that it covered that mileage in orginal trim. This one is also the test bed for the SU (and has been since 1993 or so), and I'm finally getting it dialed in right, hence the oxygen sensor as was noticed earlier.
              The advent of decent output LED H4 bulbs finally allowed me to run auxiliary lights like I always wanted to do, but the standard charging system wasn't capable of running if they were all halogens, of course.

I've been thinking of a theme for the next week, and decided that I'd like railways / railroads. Tracks, stations, engines, level crossings, anything at all to do with the permanent way.
              ---- Dave
              79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
              80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
              79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
              92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Here is my train picture... Two Locomotives one is the year 1900 variety, the other is the 2000 variety. This picture was taken in Dodge City Kansas. I couldn't wait to get out of Dodge... Anyone that has been there knows what I mean.
                Attached Files
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                  I've been thinking of a theme for the next week, and decided that I'd like railways / railroads. Tracks, stations, engines, level crossings, anything at all to do with the permanent way.
                  "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Well this was taken last week...me and some buddies did a 3300kms tour through BC...you have to look for the train.

No signature

Comment

Canadian trains are so long, they must just bump one wagon on at the end, and uncouple one 2000 miles away, like one of these...

---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

That is some serious camouflage that should make even the Army proud
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The Nada Tunnel by R John Thieda, on Flickr

LOL....I hate having to explain my photos. Pic should be good enough I don't have to.

So, for those of you that haven't been to the Daniel Boone National Forest, here is what that tunnel is about.

Nada Tunnel by R John Thieda, on Flickr
                          Last edited by Baatfam; 06-14-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I have to admit that I’m a bit of a train geek. If anyone here is a steam locomotive fan I recommend looking up Union Pacific’s steam program. Truly epic work they’ve done restoring and running a few of their old steamers.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                              <pant, gasp, wheeze>
                              I've been here since 6 o'clock, honest.

Gratified, I am, to get the votes for shot of the messenger.
                              Over the years it's been a standard bike, then a rat-like thing (gradual, not aimed at) then gradually became more like the kind of bike I would have wanted it to be back in the late 80s/ early 90s, when it was earning its keep.
                              The two 850s, between them, paid for my house and put bread on the table, and apart from the usual failings (leaks, stator, etc) they did it fairly faultlessy every day.
                              This one of the pair has become my daily (the other one awaits an engine refurb) for the past decade, and it's now clocked up more than 300K miles, so it's doing quite well. Of course, by this time a lot of the factory parts have been replaced or upgraded, so it's hardly realistic to claim that it covered that mileage in orginal trim. This one is also the test bed for the SU (and has been since 1993 or so), and I'm finally getting it dialed in right, hence the oxygen sensor as was noticed earlier.
                              The advent of decent output LED H4 bulbs finally allowed me to run auxiliary lights like I always wanted to do, but the standard charging system wasn't capable of running if they were all halogens, of course.

No example pic? I have an idea for you. How about a shot of you pulling a locamotive with that "gnarly workhorse". haha

It can be a bit of an arduous task finding a new theme. I've tried a few different methods.

looking through photos on file, then deciding on a theme to match whichever pic I choose.
                              Coming up with a theme then looking through pics to choose one.
                              Going for a ride and looking around for something interesting and figure a theme idea from that scene.
                              Think of a theme and a scene then ride to get it.
                              Wait for my wife to get up on Saturday morning and ask her to help choose one. I've even asked my kids for their input. My daughter took some photography classes and has had great insight into what makes a particular photo interesting. Too bad she moved to Vegas.

I think it helps for me to keep an eye out in daily travels to know where potential new stuff is. That's assuming I don't forget about it around the next turn. LOL
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A
                              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I think I used the pic I initially posted before, but can't remember using this one so...

Last edited by Burque73; 06-18-2020, 09:08 AM. Reason: pic swap
                                Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X