Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    I vote for NOREG. If you look at his GPS, you can see the road he's on goes to nowhere. 樂
    Thanks, there were a bunch of abandoned buildings I sort of want to go back to explore. But there is really nothing there, I think it would be great for camping (but I couldn't drive my car there). I went to the other side of the ocean the next night and looked there, there were no lights anywhere.
    GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
      Thanks, there were a bunch of abandoned buildings I sort of want to go back to explore. But there is really nothing there, I think it would be great for camping (but I couldn't drive my car there).

I went to the other side of the ocean the next night and looked there, there were no lights anywhere.
      That could be because there was no one in Norway that night. LOL Or, it could be that you were the only one that did not know the road went nowhere to nothing. hehehe

Great pictures, but if you break down, you could be waiting a very long time for someone to come by. Years. lol
      Last edited by earlfor; 08-08-2020, 03:11 PM.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        That could be because there was no one in Norway that night. LOL Or, it could be that you were the only one that did not know the road went nowhere to nothing. hehehe

Great pictures, but if you break down, you could be waiting a very long time for someone to come by. Years. lol
        There were a german Defender at the end of the road, picture was from the way back, so presumably they would find me when they were to leave (looked like they had set up camp though). Felt a bit bad for noising there, they probably wouldn't expect someone to be riding their motorcycle there in the middle of the night.

But I was contemplating how road side assistance would get there if I got stranded, its not like you could drive the flatbed truck there, and I would not be able to push the bike back to proper roads (some steepish hills with gravel and loose rocks). I wonder if they'd park and just help push it back or if they could get a smaller vehicle to help out. Like the company is amazing, when my #3 carb was spitting out gas they helped me take of the gas tank, and take the carbs out and make it work again. In a random bus stop.
        GS1000G 1981

Comment

Jan 15 2005, on the way to the Northern Territories.

V
          Gustov
          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
          81 GS 1000 G
          79 GS 850 G
          81 GS 850 L
          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
          80 GS 550 L
          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
          2002 Honda 919
          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Very cool, Gustovh! And cold.

BTW, which photo is your entry?
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I like your picture Gustovh.

Am I allowed to vote this week? But not submit?

Edit: I read the rules, my example picture is my submission. That makes sense.
              GS1000G 1981

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
                There were a german Defender at the end of the road,
                Heh. Reminds me of the Germans in some lonely outpost at the top of Norway who stayed there after the war was over for a couple of months before they got word to leave. Maybe the Defender was driven by a descendant of one of them.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Not sure if I have any pics of treacherous weather. If I get caught in it I don't typically stop for photos. I do have some foggy pics, but have used them before and sure would like some new stuff to post.

I'm riding to Vegas this week so maybe somewhere along the way I'll get a shot. Surely it'll rain in NM, CO, AZ, UT or NV along the way. Oh, I'm taking the long way there and back, LOL.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

IMG_2447 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

I think this qualifies as treacherous riding.......
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Full disclosure: I did not ride past this point, turned my coward but around and found a route with a little less white stuff.

Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Full disclosure: I did not ride past this point, turned my coward but around and found a route with a little less white stuff.
                        Still...A very cool photo...
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

The first of course.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Not an entry. just a very wet night at the Indiana rally 10 years ago...

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Again, not an entry, improvised rain gear when caught unprepared in bad weather.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Like Roger, I don't typically break out the camera during any bad weather but the wife did during this ride into Stearns KY a few years ago. I learned how valuable good dry boots are for riding (already knew that for other stuff) and quickly bought Gore-tex ones after we returned from this trip.

Rain Ride Stearns KY-92 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X