No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Dave (Redman) his pic has it all. All great submissions this week!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Very tough week to decide.
      After eliminating the photos without spectacular views, including mine, I still had way too many...
      So I removed the ones with bikes pointed out of the frame, with no space in front, and all in behind....(sorry Dave, I wish your bike was pointed into the photo, not out)
      Still had to spend some time studying...
      But I am going with Rich82GS750TZ with his beautiful sky...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ugh. Eeniemeenieminiemo. I can’t decide. Still thinking. You guys are really bringing it.

edit:
        Ok, normally I agree with Bob’s point about photos with bikes facing/near the frame edge but Trevors pic works for me. I want to camp there. Voting for Trevor.
        Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 09-25-2020, 08:57 PM.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I'm voting for the Jedzster, 👍 I've ridden through them Green Mountains, just beautiful. I see why Jedz puts on so many miles, you just can't get enough! Jedz gets my vote 👍
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

The choice is cowboyup this week.

V
            Gustov
            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
            81 GS 1000 G
            79 GS 850 G
            81 GS 850 L
            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
            80 GS 550 L
            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
            2002 Honda 919
            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

The votes are in and the tally is complete....And it's been a while since we had such a clear winner....

But the count first:

With one vote each, Burque73, Sandy, Gustovh, Rich82GS750TZ, Trevor, Jedz123, and cowboyup3371.

And with a convincing 8 votes...Redman (Dave)!

Nice one, Dave!

If someone wants to confirm, feel free, but.....pretty sure Dave has it...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Looks good to me! Forgot to vote... I was out riding all day I was going to vote for Dave Redman.

Hope y'all have an awesome day!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks folks!
                  Thanks for the comments.

Story:

Had been seeing mostly the right side of that scene, recognized how well lit the rocks/mountain was (brite and no shadows) and had that portion of the scene in mind, then coming out of an uphill tight curve, saw more of the scene, and I pulled off the road. When I got closer to the edge, and parked, then I noticed more of the road below and more of the rock/mountain on the left of the scene (my excuse why bike posed that way, was going to shoot across the bike, looking more to the right). By the time I got off the bike, and was considering repositioning the bike (for side view of bike) a tour buss had stopped and out came dozens of tourist, wandering all around and about to get in my way. So took a few shots with the bike parked the way it was (shooting from behind the bike).
                  Then stood there for a while marveling at the scene some more, and thinking how I was there at the best time of day (and year?) for that scene. Thought of waiting for the tour buss to leave. But was more people coming from another parking area. So I watched the tourist, most were going near the edge to take pictures, or posing group selfies back in the parking lot.
                  The prior couple days (CA, UT) and the next couple days (UT, CO), I saw more great scenes, but I knew that scene at Zion Nat'l Pk was the best as far as the lighting (brite and no shadows),and the road twisting along.
                  Last edited by Redman; 09-26-2020, 01:03 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Man, not thinking of how to derive a new theme-topic (has been a while).

here is one I thought of before, but don’t think I used:
                    “Wooden Structure”.
                    could be barn, tower, bridge or anything that about anybody looking at picture would say “bike and wooden.......”

dont have access to my pic archive at the moment. Will post an example and/or submission later.

>>> Later...

>>>> THursday. Delete sample pic, to avoid confusion of seeming like two submissions.
                    Last edited by Redman; 10-01-2020, 05:59 PM. Reason: later>> sample pic ..Later yet, delete sample pic

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      Gustov gets my vote because bungees and Stator.
                      That is not Stator it is Suzie Q, Rob calls Suzie Q the bride of Chucky cuz she has had a hard life, the bungies are correct though.

V
                      Gustov
                      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                      80 GS 550 L
                      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Haha. Thought that was Stator at first too. Then I zoomed in on the pic. Not gonna lie. I was a little creeped out. LOL.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I really liked this old DR...lots of character

Last edited by trevor; 09-26-2020, 01:23 PM.
                          No signature

Comment

IMG_5267 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I should be able to get a suitable picture this week, but in the event I don't, here's a placeholder

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Here's an old livestock loading chute just outside of Santa Fe.

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A
                                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                                X