Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
    Another cool pic.............
    It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area called downtown Grand Haven.
    Last edited by Redman; 05-30-2018, 08:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Grabbed this one today!!! On the B-12:

Any bonus points if a bike I owned (FZ6) is in the the pic too?
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This is going to be a tough one....

Here are the week's pics for tomorrow's voting assuming we don't have one squeak in here in the next few hours. If so I'll edit this post to include it. Some were tiny and hard to see so I made 'em bigger. I just realized how hard it is to see the super large images. When I posted my entry for this week from Flikr I chose the meduim/ large format. Even that seems too big so next time I'll use the smallest of the large or maybe the largest medium option. Boy that's confusing, bottom line- big pics are hard to see.

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Originally posted by Sandy View Post

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        r
        Originally posted by gustovh View Post

V
        Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        Originally posted by bccap View Post

Originally posted by trevor View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I like Bob Baatfam's pic as best GS picture for many reasons.

But for the category-subject-theme of "downtown", I have to choose Jedz for my vote.
          DB and Storm got top considerations too, in addition to mine.
          Last edited by Redman; 06-01-2018, 08:16 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Voting for Jedz as well. It reminds me of riding thru those old northeast / mid atlantic small towns. Sometimes just a few blocks long, sometimes looking a little tired, always interesting.

I love bccap's as well, but took the instructions as photographed in town.
            Baatfam's is a cool shot of our beloved GSs, and I like the out of focus background. FYI, Willie owns Joe Nardy's beautiful 1100..... and he is stingy with pics......
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I vote for BCCAP this week. Way to go Garth!
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I thought both storm 64’s and bccap’s were beautiful city skyline pictures.
                And while I like them, I wasn’t really shown the downtown area, which I took to be the theme.
                And I love the B&W treatment on bccaps, with that old time, film grain look. Beautiful sky, also.

Burgue73, Sandy, Trevor, Redman, and Jedz, all showed me what I see in my mind when I hear “downtown.”
                And Burgue and Sandy, I loved the colors in both your pictures.

Tough choice this week, but I am going with Jedz123.

Even though it is lit with hash, mid-day sun, Jedz still got a nice shot.
                The sky is interesting, and the building and sidewalk form one large pleasing triangle.
                The color of everything in the picture is somewhat muted, except the two helmets, which pulls my eyes back to the bikes.

Jedz, you might want to straighten the buildings…Just sayin’
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Garth has my vote...great pic buddy!
                  No signature

Comment

Jedz gets my vote. It's what I would expect to see in a downtown shot.

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I'm going to vote for BURQUE this week. I just love clean southwestern towns.

After posting my picture and then seeing other people's pictures. I realised I should have taken the picture "Downtown". The lights are much brighter there. You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares. Things'll be great when your "Downtown" ...
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

The "Gotham" looking shot with downtown off in the distance from Garth gets my vote.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Jedz has my vote

I wish I had stopped on Monday when I came home from Illinois as I had a couple of good views; unfortunately the best one was of a courthouse under construction.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I too have to go with Garth's. I like the use of perspective and black and white. Looks like he's got lots of votes and am a bit worried about next weeks photo ....... don't have any photos with pizza
                            LOL
                            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

So?
                              Who won?
                              What was the score?
                              Who keeps score?
                              What's the new theme?
                              Is Garth and BCCAP the same person?

Looks to me like Jedz123 won this week. Can I get a second on that?
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                So?
                                Who won?
                                What was the score?
                                Who keeps score?
                                What's the new theme?
                                Is Garth and BCCAP the same person?

Looks to me like Jedz123 won this week. Can I get a second on that?
                                Yes we're the same person.... Jedz gets my vote. I like the perspective and the angle of the shot up the hill.......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X