Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
    Oh I have a contribution for this theme!
    This is one of my favorite pictures.

I was staying at my aunt and uncle's place in Alexandria one year while I ran a half marathon.
    A friend of mine bought a Goldwing, but he was a little nervous about relearning to ride on such a big bike, so he borrowed my 550 for a few weeks, and I rode his Goldwing.

Here's my aunt taking a spin around the block. I love the look of terror on her face, and the blur of the picture plus the clear focus of my face.

What "theme"? Did I miss something? I didn't see Jedz new pic...???
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      What "theme"? Did I miss something? I didn't see Jedz new pic...???
      Post #710....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Lol...no wonder I didn't see it....
        No signature

Comment

On my way into town last year and a buddy saw me on the road and snapped this...that's the ocean in the back ground.

No signature

Comment

Cruising on the KLR.

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

My best riding is never photographed. So here is one of me on the way home from Charlie G's rally, was riding back home with Sandy, Rich and John. I hardly ever ride like this, but it was a short jaunt on I5 before we broke west on 58 I think....prolly wrong.20120911-26.jpg
              Last edited by gustovh; 06-04-2018, 04:11 PM.
              Gustov
              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
              81 GS 1000 G
              79 GS 850 G
              81 GS 850 L
              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
              80 GS 550 L
              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
              2002 Honda 919
              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

< < d e l e t e >>
                Last edited by Redman; 06-06-2018, 02:53 AM. Reason: d e l e t e

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

A long time ago. Shot in motion with 35mm film. I was trying to do a series of pics on riding. I had a fat piece of velcro on the gas tank, and the other side on the back of the camera to hold it when not in use, which worked well. The camera strap was connected to the camera on one end, my beltloop on the other in case it fell. Set focus on infinity and hope for the best. My 1100 front wheel and my too cool for safety gear brother on his 87 Ninja 1000 out in front.
                  http://GS and Ninja by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                  Last edited by dorkburger; 06-03-2018, 10:59 PM. Reason: Auto incorrect
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

This was back in my racing days. I was going to use this for the shadow theme, but, since I didn't take the picture, I didn't think it was appropriate.
                    However, since a third party photographer is approved for this theme, here ya go...

FYI...This was my first GS Suzuki....

Last edited by Baatfam; 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM.
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

CMG Kootneeys 914 by gillinghams2007, on Flickr

This photo was taken by past member Wizard at the 2014 PNW rally in the Cranbrook area of BC. He is a great photographer and this is not a "crappy" cell phone photo. Thanks Rich for the shot!
                      Last edited by Charlie G; 06-04-2018, 01:57 PM.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

For :"You and Bike....In Motion"......

Me: well, can almost see me.
                        My bike: can see is my GK.
                        In Motion: other than general position in the road, can see speedo and tach as evidence of "In Motion".

I know photo by other person has been deemed acceptable, but I wanted to try it myself.
                        Took a little while to figure out a method to get "myself and bike", and then a while to find direction to go to get gauges in light that time of day. And then a while longer to find an intersting place while going in that direction. This was a "one take" situation because it took so long to wait for a gap in the traffic on that road, that, and other reasons, I wasn't going to try it again.

And I rotated the image some to level out the lake horizon.
                        Last edited by Redman; 06-06-2018, 03:41 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                          .... ................. ................... ................ and the blur of the picture plus the clear focus of my face.
                          My observation is that THe blur of the background appears to be from some focus (depth of field) situation but mostly from the camera being panned along to follow the motion of the bike. But the blur of the front of the bike appears to be from camera shake, maybe from when the person hit the shutter button abruptly. The blur of the passenger and back of bike appears to be some camera shake and some focus (depth of field situation).
                          How it is that you are in clear focus and not shaken is a puzzle to me that makes me doubt my other observations.

But, yah, that really all adds up to show "you and bike and motion".

>> Later thought: Might that be a still capture from a video....?
                          Last edited by Redman; 06-06-2018, 03:36 AM. Reason: later note

Comment

Friday Vote Day! It's a easy one for me. Bob (BAATFAM) gets my vote! Love the spoked wheels. Very nice Bob👍
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I vote for wheelies! Bob (BAATFAM) you got my vote!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                              Originally posted by Hayabuser
                              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Voting for Kerry (Kerrfunk). I love how the photographer, either by accident or design, clearly focused on the rider and let the rest fall out of focus. Also love the look on Kerry's face. Can't tell if its concentration or trying to hide a smirk. One of those caption this type of pictures open to interpretation.

Bob's wheelie is just awesome too.

I like the reflection of the truck in Trevors shield. A Power Ranger comment was recently made regarding the matching helmet, but I think it looks great.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X