No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say if Norm and Justin are interested enough to take a few minutes out of their busy lives to chime in here, it's all good.

In the words of the great Ferris Bueller "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it!"

Thanks for looking here guys. It's pretty cool to see this thread still going after four years. Maybe we'll reach 10k posts this year.

P.S. More importantly than the thread's total post count, this has been and hopefully will stay a fun thing.
    Last edited by Burque73; 05-28-2022, 08:26 AM.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      What to do, what to do? Follow the rules, or let this slide?

If we follow the rules as written, we have:

Eli69, dorkburger, marvinsc, and baatfam, with one vote each...
      Redman with two votes...
      And the winner would be Burgue73 at three votes...

If we allow Storm64's late entry, he would be in a three vote tie with Burgue73...

But, if we count the late vote from Jedz123, Storm64 would be our winner.

Thoughts? I am OK either way, but don't want any hurt feelings...

Also, we don't want this to be a regular occurrence. LOL...
      My vote is to allow Storm's late entry.
      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
        I say if Norm and Justin are interested enough to take a few minutes out of their busy lives to chime in here, it's all good.

In the words of the great Ferris Bueller "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it!"

Thanks for looking here guys. It's pretty cool to see this thread still going after four years. Maybe we'll reach 10k posts this year.

P.S. More importantly than the thread's total post count, this has been and hopefully will stay a fun thing.
        A classy, expected response from a classy guy. We can read this as a concession, so….. Whatcha got for us this week, Norm?

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Okay guys, sorry about my late entry.
          How about the next subject "Here's Your Sign" Interpret any way you like.
          20220521_132826.jpg This is in Suffield Ohio east of Akron.
          Again thanks for the votes and sorry for my late entrie.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

My vote is to allow Storm's late entry.
            Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

A classy, expected response from a classy guy. We can read this as a concession, so….. Whatcha got for us this week, Norm?
            I expected nothing less....Thanks everyone!

Congrats Norm....Nice theme!
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Roger seems OK with it, says everything to me......
              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                next subject "Here's Your Sign" Interpret any way you like.
                There's the retired church sign behind my bike,
                and the old hardware store sign on the rear wall,
                and several signs of a cluttered garage...

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Thanks for allowing my vote and thank you Roger for chiming in, between 60 hours of work and and a 3month old I haven't had much time to do much of anything, usually get a 50 mile ride in late in the evening, this AM I noticed my notification, pic of the week!... My late vote for a late entry.

I have an idea for this one luckily I have some days off coming up next weeks and in hope to contribute this week.

Cheers,
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

IMG_4688 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr Not only MY sign, MY road! LOL
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I would say late entry is not really a problem, just that they may miss being in summation (summations not speciffically mentioned in rules) and may miss a vote or two.

Late vote most likley not a problem. IF the late vote breaks a tie, well, we would be waiting for such a vote anyway. If a late vote creates a tie, well, I say we discount it as being late and proceed with the winner as it were.

Is just a fun game. And the winner is just a means to proceed for the next week.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

"Here's your sign!"

Well here is a sign with my name on it. "Here is my name on a sign."

On my Ride-RT-Home-From-SanDiego ride in 2019.

Not accustom to see my family name on anything (unless in S.W. PA).
                        I was 35 years old before I met another Varner in Michigan.

Last edited by Redman; 05-29-2022, 11:53 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Wild fires have burned over a half million acres so far this year in New Mexico.

Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A
                          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

My Buddy is out there and said it's wicked and that it was started by a controlled burn that was done on a very bad day.
                            He got word he's stuck out in Albuquerque for 2 more years and is really upset about it. He said it's getting bad out there with crime.
                            Best of luck and be safe Roger!
                            Last edited by Jedz123; 05-30-2022, 07:10 AM.
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                              My Buddy is out there and said it's wicked and that it was started by a controlled burn that was done on a very bad day.
                              He got word he's stuck out in Albuquerque for 2 more years and is really upset about it. He said it's getting bad out there with crime.
                              Best of luck and be safe Roger!
                              Thanks for the well wishes. Yeah, New Mexico is usually near the top of the list of bad things (crime rate second only to DC) and the bottom for good things (45th in income and 42nd in education). Our kids couldn't wait to GTFO of here. Two have left and the other two van't wait to. Sorry your buddy is stuck here. It's called the land of enchantment but most times seems more like the land of entrapment.

Last month when the forest service decided to start a prescribed burn we had literally the driest air on the planet. According to the dew point we had less moisture than the Mojave and Sahara deserts, also wind blowing up near record speeds. Someone's gonna hang for that decision.
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

His wife is an orthopedic surgeon (doctor) and she just entered in contract for 2 more years but the hope is to return to Vermont and have kids here. They are saving to buy a house in VT when the come back.
                                It is quite beautiful that way, I do intend to visit him at least once and do plan on giving you a ring!
                                As for the fire, I was shocked to hear it was done by the state/federal services... I know many are not happy and agree someone should be held accountable for the dumb decision making on that side.
                                Cheers,
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X