No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorkburger's shot is a bit overcooked but striking none the less, that is my vote this week.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I have got to take my camera with more often. Finally back in the saddle guys, so stay tuned for the odd and weird. Now for the vote…dorkburger for me this week.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Happy Weekend! Let's tally up!

With one vote each, kerrfunk, Redman, dpep, Eli69, and steve murdoch
        With two votes, dorkburger

And with three votes for the win, Burque73!

What's next Roger?
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Hey, cool! Thanks guys. That was an old riding game pic. Had to dig through my old bucket of photo's to find it.

Will have something for us here in a bit.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
            . . . . . . . . . . . . .Finally back in the saddle guys, , , , , , , , , , ,
            V
            Good ! . . . . . .

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got a call from my dad earlier asking me to run to get mom something from the store. Figured it was my duty as her son to do it. So....

The theme....Duty calls!

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Happy Weekend! Let's tally up!

With one vote each, kerrfunk, Redman, dpep, Eli69, and steve murdoch
                With two votes, dorkburger

And with three votes for the win, Burque73!

What's next Roger?
                I need your guy’s help. In the last four weeks not one of pics received even a single vote. Are my photo skills reall that bad? I mean there have been weeks now that everyone got at least one vote but nadda for me. Lol
                I think I have some pretty good photos and this week in particular was along the famous Colorado river with amazing rock formations in the background.
                so what gives?
                cheers
                No signature

Comment

Shoot man, I think we all just look at what's there and pick one... interesting to read why some are picked, One was looking for a huge golf club, Mine this wk. only bike "in" the river, a wk. or so ago a really weird water wheel. Don't think really any rhyme nor reason to it. Just vote for which one slaps your face the hardest.,. Heck I'd vote for all of them, but they won't let me.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post

I need your guy’s help. In the last four weeks not one of pics received even a single vote. Are my photo skills reall that bad? I mean there have been weeks now that everyone got at least one vote but nadda for me. Lol
                    I think I have some pretty good photos and this week in particular was along the famous Colorado river with amazing rock formations in the background.
                    so what gives?
                    cheers
                    Nothing gives....I go many weeks without a vote...so what?
                    Technically it is a photo contest, so where, what, or who, doesn't matter.
                    Composition, leading lines, balance, etc., should be what matters, but not everyone follows that.
                    Bottom line, it's just a game. Don't sweat it.

Comment

We still love you, Trevor.

The only reason I even check on who "won" is to make sure I am not the one who has to come up with a theme.
                      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

First ride on my GS650E. Dec 2023 in NZ after covid. Meet the Grand-kids trip.

Grandson has been scared to get on or be close around bikes when the engine is running. Usually runs out the shed when they are started up

Got back from my test ride and encouraged Santi to get on the bike. Started it up and he sat there for a while.

Don't know it qualifies for Juty Calls, but them what is a Grandfathers duty if not to help them overcome their fears

thumbnail_PHOTO-2022-12-23-20-22-02 copyright.jpg
                        82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                        Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                        Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                        Albums

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          so what gives?
                          cheers
                          Yah, your pics have been good and great. In your pics I see that you were enjoying the ride and the scenery, and found a place to pose bike to show the scenery.

Is a photo contest -mostly-, a photo contest based on a theme.

You asking for a critique of your picture....? Seems like you are. (Although I hesitate...... but since you are asking.)
                          Yes, was a great scene, especially for us riders, and a great pic of the great scene. Was one of the top scenes for the week, in my opinion. And looks like maybe not really a good place to stop, but you did. Great scene of mountains and curve in road, mountains all over near and far all across the frame, and a river down there behind the guard rail. I think when you took the picture you were featuring the road and the mountain, and is a great pic of the road along the river and the mountain, and what the ride must have been like, and there is a river down there. I think if you were trying the feature the river when took the picture, might have maybe stepped over the guard rail, or up next to the guard rail, or found a different place around a curve or something where could see more of the river.

I am just looking at the picture. You were there, you experienced it, you remember the experience, the picture means the experience to you, you remember the river along the road, and the mountains, and stopping to get a picture (and I am glad you did, and are sharing it. THat is the fun of it.). I am just looking at the picture, and I see lots of other stuff before I see the river. But I do see what a great experience that must have been. What a great scene, riding along on curvey road thru mountains along the river.

Your pic was one of the top pics, in my opinion (and I gave it an honorable mention).

Since there were multiple great pics, I Needed to concider something for a tie-breaker, and the tie breaker I use is how well the theme is featured in the pic, the the theme was "....to the river". Other pics were also great and some featured the river as the main prominent subject.

I do expect that you will have more great pics of great scenes. You ride alot, in great scenes, and take great pics. Thanks for adding the the fun of this.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                            The theme....Duty calls!

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

A duty call....

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                                A duty call....

Looks more like a nature call to me.
                                Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X