No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. Bob, I think we were thinking and writing pretty much the same thing at the same time.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks rich, in fewer words... It just don't matter... All is good.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

IMG_6480 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Me plus three...........
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
          I am a little unclear on the theme.
          ​​​​​…
          is good to have understanding of the theme.

My understanding is that the STATEMENT of the theme is the definition of the theme. The photo provided is just a sample, consider it to be their entry. The rules call the picture a “sample”, is not really part of the definition of the theme.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here's my cousin, his son and myself after a nice ride around Eastern Oklahoma.

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I am a little unclear on the theme.

The sample pic would indicate one's bike plus three of anything (in that case arches). But submissions so far show one's bike included in the three (bikes).

Which? Either?

Huge apology for the confusion caused by my "good things come in threes".
              I originally intended it as three things plus your bike but i have zero issues with the entries of "three things".
              This is intended to be a fun contest open to some interpretation AND open to all members regardless of the bike they are riding.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by 650Skull View Post

My DL650 isn't welcome ???.............never mind, i'll keep trying to get one vote one day..............the only reason i'm on here is its a great site with very good information. I do own a GS650Ez but unfortunately its 2500 miles away
                Skull, you and your DL650 are most welcome at this great site and are most welcome to participate in this fun contest.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

My understanding is that the STATEMENT of the theme is the definition of the theme. The photo provided is just a sample, consider it to be their entry.
                  But isn't the sample supposed to be an illustration of the theme?

I admit to placing a lot of weight on adherence to theme both in my own pictures and how I vote. For me personally that is the challenge that makes for the fun. But I can understand how those more engaged in photography might value the qualities of a picture differently. The beauty of it is everyone gets to play their own game. So damn it I am going to find a picture of my bike PLUS three of something else...maybe.
                  Last edited by dpep; 10-16-2022, 09:57 PM.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Bob's pic is an excellent example of how one could interpret the theme "good things come in threes" by posting 3 red things.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

three wheels better n two?

Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

But isn't the sample supposed to be an illustration of the theme?. . . . .
                          Yes, but the sample pic is not the definition of the theme, it is an example. That persons entry.

I think of it this way: Lets say theme was "Happy Times" and sample pic was a pic of bike in a park with two people having a picknic lunch on a picknic table. That doesn't mean all the other pics need to be in a park or two people or people having lunch or having a picnic or on a picknic table. Pic just needs to be something, with the bike included somehow, that when about anybody looks at the pic would say "that looks like happy times".

I also say that if the statement of the theme leaves you thinking "does that mean this or does it mean this other", well, looking at the sample might give you an idea, but again, the sample pic is not the definition of the theme. (again, my opinion/observation).

THis week "good things come in threes", the sample pic was bike in front of 3 arches of the building. Your pic doesnt need to be bike in front of 3 arches of a building. Doesnt need to be your bike in front of 3 other things. Doesnt need to be anything of a building.
                          Your specific question of if needs to be bike and three other things, like the sample pic, the answer is "No".
                          But should be a pic that when other folks look at it, thier description of it would mention something like "three good things".

Now, how people vote, well, that is another situation, an other entire discussion.
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-19-2022, 08:58 AM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Sleepy Dopey Grumpy
                            Heuey Dewey Louey
                            Sylvester Tweety
                            Elmer Fudd
                            Buggs Bunny
                            Daffy Duck
                            Road Runner
                            Yosemite Sam
                            Wiley Coyote
                            Foghorn Leghorn
                            Last edited by Redman; 10-20-2022, 10:05 PM.

Comment

(Oh, now I see Don's point.)

Here we have GK overlooking Grand River valley and three cows.

Note: In previous post I deleted all the text, but it said I needed 15 characters.
                              Last edited by Redman; 10-20-2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

GS fairings. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X