Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    How about your bike with a flag. Bonus points for a flag pole.
    Country of origin, your alma mater, favourite sports team maybe even a military flag.
    Bike? ... √
    Flag(s)? ... √
    Pole(s)? ... √
    Military? ... √

OK, gotcha covered.

For some reason, the US flag was tangled with the pole, and was not flying with the others.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Alright, I'm pulling this out of the archive. From like a year ago

This is about fifteen miles from my home. The sign reads
      MARSHALL PLANE CRASH SITE. On Nov. 14, 1970, 75 people died in the worst sports related air tragedy in U.S. history, when a Southern Airways DC-9 crashed into the hillside nearby. The victims included 36 Marshall University football players, 9 coaches and administrators, 25 fans and air crew of 5. No one survived this horrific disaster.
      The movie WE ARE MARSHALL does a pretty decent job of telling the story of the rebuilding of Marshall and the town.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Help please.
        Would one of you fine folks please do me a favor and look at my post #1076 in this thread a see if my image shows up. I've been using google photos to host pics. I've noticed that if I look back over my posts with images hosted on google photos, the images only show up if I'm logged in to google. I just tested this. Not logged into google, no image in my post. Log in to google, image shows up. Log out of google, image disappears. This is on my work PC. Looking at the same post on my phone, all I see is a small empty square where my picture should be. I'm considering using imgur to host pics but I won't bother if everyone else can see my pics whether I'm logged into google or not. I've notices some people use imgur, some flickr.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          Help please.
          Would one of you fine folks please do me a favor and look at my post #1076 in this thread a see if my image shows up. I've been using google photos to host pics. I've noticed that if I look back over my posts with images hosted on google photos, the images only show up if I'm logged in to google. I just tested this. Not logged into google, no image in my post. Log in to google, image shows up. Log out of google, image disappears. This is on my work PC. Looking at the same post on my phone, all I see is a small empty square where my picture should be. I'm considering using imgur to host pics but I won't bother if everyone else can see my pics whether I'm logged into google or not. I've notices some people use imgur, some flickr.
          Nope... Can't see it.....I use Flickr and have been very satisfied with it........
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Help please.
            Would one of you fine folks please do me a favor and look at my post #1076 in this thread a see if my image shows up.
            Would that be the one of two cats eating spaghetti?

Actually, no, I don't see anything. I do use Google Chrome to view the forum, but no picture is showing for me.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

OK. Just replaced that image in post #1076 with one hosted on imgur. Could I get another check. Thanks Gents!
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

OK. Just replaced that image in post #1076 with one hosted on imgur. Could I get another check. Thanks Gents!
                Looks good at my end...
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

GREAT! Thank you. Yep, shows up when I view the forum on my phone too. THANKS GUYS!
                  And Steve, If I ever win the Pic-of-the-week-game, My theme just may be two cats eating spaghetti, on a motorcycle, of course.
                  Rich
                  1982 GS 750TZ
                  2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

............... .......... two cats eating spaghetti, .......
                    That might be to specific/restrictive. How about two cats eating any sort of pasta....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

From ride yesterday, did stop at a couple big flags flying but could not find any interesting pose. Maybe might find something later in the week.
                      Did find this.
                      Maybe not really flags, but Multiple "flags".

Can you make a guess as to why this particular selection of flags....?
                      THis is an industrial processing place that was a customer of mine that I made many service calls, working on industrial equipment controls.
                      Clue in a moment.
                      Last edited by Redman; 08-20-2018, 12:02 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I'll guess Dave. Are those places that produce coffee for that plant?
                        Last edited by Burque73; 08-20-2018, 02:06 PM.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
                          I'll guess Dave. Are those places that produce coffee for that plant?
                          Yep. A coffee roaster facility. Magnum Coffee Roaster in Spring Lake.

Comment

Flags? I found some flags. How about 444 of them... This afternoon I took a ride to Hermitage Pennsylvania. That is where you'll find the Avenue of 444 Flags. The significance of the 444 flags is, it's the number of days 52 Americans were held hostage during the Iran Hostage Crisis. From November 4th 1979 to January 20th 1981(remember that). On day 100 of the crisis, they put up 100 flags then one each day after. It really is a spectacle to see.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by storm 64; 08-21-2018, 07:00 PM.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

This deserves to be larger. Nice one!
                              sigpic
                              83 GS1100g
                              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Great shots so far this week!

Here's mine. A bit sketchy on the setup. Tried several different locations for different effects and ended up hot and sweaty. Ended up riding up a grassy hill for this one.
                                http://GS1150 by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X