No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all. Voting for Baatfam's panoramic shot of a lovely looking road to ride on.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Voting for Dave Redman, and his dune buggy.
      Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Marvinsc for me this week.

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Dorkburger and his art-deco themed pic gets my vote.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Baatfam gets my vote this week.

I've riden that road 10 times in both directions all before 9:00am today!
            I can imagine going into the hairpin uphill in second gear then cranking it out of the turn! (torque baby, that's where it's all at)
            Then hard on the brakes to set up for the next turn...
            I didn't get a lot of work done today, to much daydreaming! Haha
            My Motorcycles:
            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
            79 1000e (all original)
            82 850g (all original)
            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Very hard decision this week. Voting Storm 64, just because ??????
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Dorkburger ftw. Great pic
                82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                Albums

Comment

Voting for Bob (Battfam) , that road looks familiar, Devil's Triangle?
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Looks like we are tied at 3 votes each between Baatfam and Dorkburger.
                    who would like to break the tie?
                    My Motorcycles:
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)

Comment

Baatfam & the 11E tackling switchbacks. (Looks like my bike. )
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        .......................................... I really enjoyed the contrast and look of Dave's.
                        BUT.......[/B]
                        (Assuming that is reference to mine), that effect is from the clear skys and the morning sun being pretty much directly behind me (not post processing manipulation), and me arranging things to avoid seeing too much of the bike's and my shadow. .

And there is a tie breaker for Mr Bob Baatfam.
                        Wow, Bob, that is local to you. At first I though I recognised it as being on TOD (across from Smokey Mtn Natl Park southern seasonal entrance), but on further looking I see its not.
                        Nicely arranged scene.
                        Last edited by Redman; 02-17-2024, 10:02 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Okay, let's make it official... and passing out the goose eggs.

With 4 votes and the win.... From the great state of Tennessee Baatfam! Great job Bob.
                          Coming in second place with 3 votes. living in the beautiful state of New Jersey Dorkburger! Awesome picture Glen.
                          With 2 votes and third place, checking in from Ohio.... Storm 64 good job sir. thank you.
                          ​​​Coming next to last with one vote... From the west coast of Michigan Redman.
                          Also with one vote. From the beautiful Bluegrass state of Kentucky Marvinsc.

Now, what we've all been waiting for... The passing out of the goose eggs
                          In no piticularly order...

Gustovh from California.
                          Kerrfunk from West Virginia
                          Rich82GS750TZ from Pennsylvania
                          Burque73 from New Mexico
                          ​650 Skull all the way from Mission Beach Queensland.
                          All great photos this week folks thanks for playing along.

I think getting the goose egg is more fun than winning!
                          just keeping it fun folks.
                          Last edited by storm 64; 02-17-2024, 11:11 AM.
                          My Motorcycles:
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                            With 4 votes and the win.... From the great state of Tennessee Baatfam! Great job Bob.
                            Thanks Norm for the wrap-up...Entertaining as always.
                            And thanks for the votes everyone.
                            I knew I should have voted for Glen last night...Ha!
                            Really a bunch of great photos this week. Thanks everyone that played.

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                            Voting for Bob (Battfam) , that road looks familiar, Devil's Triangle?
                            To answer both you and Dave, that is just a small section of TN61, not far from my home.
                            TN61 and TN144 are part of small loop I like to run when on a short ride.

Give me a few moments, and I'll be back with the theme....
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

With all the grey days lately, I have really been thinking about spring coming....A lot.
                              And that's about 6 weeks away, in my part of the world. The Dogwoods and Redbud trees will be blooming.

So our theme of the week is: Think Spring

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Congrats Bob, you sure found a beautiful part of the world, especially for motorcycles.
                                1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X