No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig Jedz's photo with the icicles. Just where this Californian doesn't want to be on a bike. Also, I imagined the building color could be edited to gray, and it would be a nice example of a photo where only the subject is in color with all b&w background. That's my vote.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Comment

This week, the snow falling on the Yammie works for me.
      Nice photo, Jedz.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        ... Not the kind I see on Instagram where I get the feeling that the photographer rolled their bike out of the garage and down the road and posed their spotless bike for an "I ride in the rain / snow" shot. ...
        You could almost get that feeling with Jedz' picture.
        However, I have met him, and know what a hard-core rider he is. That shot might have been just as he pulled it out of the garage, but he was likely headed out for at least 50 miles.

In spite of the almost "staged" look, I'm going with Jedz this week.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Is Saturday.
          7 entrys and 8 votes.
          Trev, GlenDB, & Glib one vote each. Mine 2 votes.
          And Jedz's snowy icy FZ6 has 3 votes.
          Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          ..............December this past year went out for a good 50 mile loop and was bummed rush by a snow squall that quickly dropped a couple of inches of snow. The FZ6 held up quite well!

20ish miles home turned into an hour+ ride! Oops.

Congrats Mr Justin Jedz. What you got for us next, from your many travels?
          Last edited by Redman; 02-17-2018, 08:27 AM. Reason: quote pic

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I vote for Redman....Jedz pic. while cool...is in his driveway lol....
            No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Boy, if your vote had come in sometime yesterday we'd have a tie! Then wait for a tie breaking vote.

Looking forward to your next challenge, Jedz!
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Thanks Trev, but, ah, ..... voting was Friday.
                Thanks for the positive comment for my pic.

(FYI: other pics Jedz have posted of his house are not brick. And he said was 20 miles from home.)
                Last edited by Redman; 02-17-2018, 01:46 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Thanks Trev, but, ah, ..... voting was Friday.
                  Thanks for the positive comment for my pic.

(FYI: other pics Jedz have posted of his house are not brick. And he said was 20 miles from home.)
                  Ahhh I stand corrected...is that his old house? It just looks familiar...
                  No signature

Comment

Morning Gents.

Hey Trevor last year was a great year for us, purchased; New Motorcycle, New Truck and a New House!

This is our new home:

Land owner now! We were booted from the red house in May of 2017... Homeless for a bit...

I did document this ride here is the details:

Locations of the shot was at the down home deli:

It was rough ride and I took the back ways home for I couldn't keep speed on 7...

When I crossed into Salisbury it start to clear out so i swung up and around Lake Dunmore.

Here's me at the lake you can see the fresh couple of inches of snow in the background...

Then the snow kicked back up for the rest of the ride south of the lake... It was fun!

The ride was on December 16th and was one of my last of the 2017 Season...

Rummaging through my archives now for the next picture.

Thanks so much for the votes!
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 02-18-2018, 09:25 AM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman
                      Photo that you took......?

later note: Upon review, the rules do not address that situation at all.
                      Rules do say it needs to be your bike (current bike), but does not say it has to be a picture of your own creation.
                      Okay.
                      I took it down... I can find something else... Good call Dave

Sorry gents,

-Jedz
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

This Week's photo...
                        Bikes of GSR Rally's.

This is from last years Northeast Green Mountain Rally.
                        The TUX is down at the end hiding.
                        Good Luck!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

More a pic of bike and riders on side of road than is pic of "bikes at rally" but can see are all GSes so not just a random meeting of bike, so you can suppose is at a GS rally ...... more specifically is from Brown County rally 2013 (when was in May).

Although the category is "Bikes At Rally", if you are interested in who these folks are:
                          Left to right,
                          Mr Bruce Bomber737 and two of his friends, all from way north in Minnesota.
                          Mr Adam LoudET from northeast Ohio on his 650.
                          Me on GK.

(is my photo, set camera on tombstone and had 10 second delay to run across road to get back to bike.)
                          (tombstone was level, camera was level, road is on incline)

I suspect some/many folks will not have pics from a rally.
                          Last edited by Redman; 02-19-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: ID folks

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            I suspect some/many folks will not have pics from a rally.
                            Sir, you should not issue such a challenge unless you are prepared to defend it.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

GSR PNW rally a few years ago in John Day Oregon....Always liked this pic...fun times.
                              No signature

Comment

I like this one!
                                If folks don't have rally pics I strongly urge them to support GSR in a new way and Meetup at their local Rallies!
                                I have met some of the best people through GSR.
                                The best part of GSR is meeting up with these great folks and getting to know the best asset of GSR, our members.
                                I look forward to seeing/meeting you MW GSR guys at Indiana!
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X