No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firetrucks need to park somewhere, and they are indeed behind those doors. It's as close as I'm going to get this week. Please don't vote for it if my bending of the rules is deemed to be not within the subject matter....
    I'm disappointed that the cool neon sign came out as a blob. For some reason I can never get good pics of red or pink neon. Probably a phone limitation as it's a few generations old now. I love the neon cast though. I took this earlier tonight.
    http://Suzuki by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      OK, I finally have some time to sit down and add my two cents.

2011 Triple Nickel Ride (oHIo State Route 555). Most of the others were riding at a pace that would put a smirk on bwringer's face. Scott (cowboyup) and I were bringing up the rear at a pace that was a bit ... "less exuberant". After all, he was riding a borrowed bike (mine) that was larger than his own, and I was on my Wing. One particular hill had a curve right at the top. If you didn't know the curve, it would be easy to overshoot. As you can see from the tire track, Scott came pretty close to making it all the way around the curve. If the ditch wasn't so deep, it might not have been so bad. He only had a very short ride in the ambulance. It only took him a couple hundred yards around the corner just past the house, so he could finish his trip to Columbus.

Yes, I do have his permission to post this.

What a way to have my first and only ride in a helicopter.

I don't have anything close to as good as everyone else's pictures only because I'm one of those that manages to miss seeing emergency crews in action. Plus it's a little odd to take pictures of the firehouse across the street from the housing complex. So I'll dip back and re-use this one I did for the art side if that's okay

Fire station art by Scott Baker, on Flickr
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        ......................... He only had a very short ride in the ambulance. It only took him a couple hundred yards around the corner just past the house, so he could finish his trip to Columbus.

I thought you meant the emergency room was just around the corner, then could walk (limp?) back to the bike and continue.

... oh, helicopter ride to Columbus.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Friday. Vote Day.

My vote is for Bob Batfam. Has the truck as one of the main elements. Truck and bike pretty much take the entire attention of the frame, and the other stuff is enough to give an idea of what/where, but not a distraction from the main subject.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just for fun.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Redman for me this week.
              Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks Dave!

My vote will go for Dorkburger's firehouse pick. I swear I can see the truck through the door glass....

Glenn, that picture breaks a bunch of photography rules, subject dead center, blown out whites, but I like it.
                The red reflection in the foreground brings the eye right to the bike, and on to the doors/sign/window, with the columns/roof holding you in the picture.

Nice work...I downloaded and tried to bring out the sign, but no luck. Wish I had the RAW file.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Since I don't like doom and gloom pictures. I'm voting for BURQUE73 this week. Trevor, I was hoping you would have posted that picture of when you guys got pulled over by the cops and got out of the ticket by talking and joking with the officer. Classic 👍
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My vote is for Bob (Baatfam). That is a hard-earned shot. Honorable mention to Glen (Dorkburger), broke all the photography rules to great effect. No pic for me this week. Think I may trade by bike for a boat. I don't mind getting a little wet when I ride. But not day, after day, after day! It just won't stop raining!
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I vote for Dorkburger's this week.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Baatfam gets my vote this week.

V
                        Gustov
                        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                        81 GS 1000 G
                        79 GS 850 G
                        81 GS 850 L
                        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                        80 GS 550 L
                        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                        2002 Honda 919
                        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Voting for Baatfam. Despite the situation, the pic still looks to have been a taken with an eye for the layout of the scene.

Storm, I remember the pic of Trevor and Rob, and agree that it would have been great.

Yes, mine is a technical hot mess. The vision I had was of the sign (Freehold Fire Dept) being legible, with the bike in the middle, and the neon reflection on the wet ground..... and of course that fabulous neon glow on the bike. I already messed with the picture (exposure, cast , etc) , and it is also cropped both vertically and horizontally.
                          I've tried to photograph that sign a few times, with no good result.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Yes, mine is a technical hot mess. The vision I had was of the sign (Freehold Fire Dept) being legible, ...............
                            I like it, Is a good picture, good picture of the light cast by the sign glowing on everything. I suspect if had set exposure for the sign itself, then most other stuff would be so underexposed as to not even be there.
                            Last edited by Redman; 09-28-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                              Just for fun.
                              Ha! That is fun. Complete with fire damage around the jeep. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                ..... that picture of when you guys got pulled over by the cops and got out of the ticket by talking and joking with the officer. ..............
                                Reminds me of pic used here

I am not sure who these guys are anymore, maybe bwringer is one of them. (from Brown County rally 2005?). I think I recall them saying the cop said those 3 guys were wearing more gear than the combined total of all the hundreds of bikers he had seen that day.
                                Last edited by Redman; 09-28-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X