No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm voting for Batfam. It's a good picture even though the events surrounding are probably not good. I like the angle, the bike in the ditch and the truck being mostly in frame. The lighting and the reflections off the chrome really set it off for me as well.

Comment

My photography skills stink so i participate in this game for the fun in it so my vote HAS to go to Kerrfunk.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I was originally expecting to see a lot of pics of where happened to find a fire truck parked in driveway of firehouse, or maybe truck behind the doors so can see thru window. Maybe I thought that because that is what I was going to do. I was going to ride past some fire stations and see if any trucks parked outside, and get picture of bike next to a truck. (But then I remembered the action shot I had, and used that mostly because I had a busy week and probably wasn't going to get out for a photo expedition.)

But instead we got more action shots that told some story.
        Steves shot really told more of the story by showing the tracks running off the road.

I also liked Gustov's idea of featured the pump on front of a fire truck.

Saturday. Vote Tally Day.

Baatfam 5, Redman 1, DorkBurger 2, Burque 1, Kerfunk 1.

So, Bob Baatfam, Congrats.
        What fun subject-theme-category do you have for us this week?
        Last edited by Redman; 09-29-2018, 06:40 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

You would think after all this time, I would have an idea ready, but I just never think I am going to win.

There was no thought or thinking put into my picture. I just pulled out my phone and snapped that. I tried to get up and take more, but the responders wouldn't let me get up.
          One of the folks that stopped, was kind enough to use my phone and take more photos for me. He took this one while we were waiting for the ambulance.
          That is my wife, Amy, with an ER nurse that was in a car behind us when we crashed, and the sheriff.
          And some helpful citizens collected all the parts scattered up and down the road.

I'll have the next theme later today....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK kids....let's play.

This week we are looking for a Gigantic Animal...

This about 5 years ago on a trip to Northern Wisconsin with several forum members (I will add a group shot below)
            While on the trip, we made a stop in Hayward, WI, which is just south of Duluth, to see the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame. (Yes it's real)
            So along with everything else, see link above, they have a giant Muskie that you can go inside of. There is an observation deck in the mouth.
            We asked if we could bring our bikes in, for a picture, but nope. They did say if we went to the back parking lot, we could get a picture.

So here you go, (obviously I didn't take the picture, my wife did). My bike with a Gigantic Muskellunge:

And here is our group shot, (not for competition). L to R is myself (Baatfam), Greg (GBW), Mark, Joe Nardy (Joe Nardy), Dom, and Robin (GrooveDaddy)

The other side of the Muskie, (again, not for competition)

So let's see those Gigantic Animals...
            Last edited by Baatfam; 09-29-2018, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              OK kids....let's play.

This week we are looking for a Gigantic Animal...
              I dig it. Let's go!
              Last edited by kerrfunk; 09-30-2018, 04:07 PM.
              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Now this is a good looking bunch of bikes! I just know I would like riding with this group.

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  This week we are looking for a Gigantic Animal....
                  And here is our group shot, (not for competition)..
                  Ah, Man, Just a couple weeks ago I past bye a big deer thing, and it was where could get bike in close, and I thought to stop for a picture to have, but didn't.

I do like your group shot. The group nicley lined up, something interesting in the background, fairly good lighting..... but most interesting is that you did get those guys (snarl, scoff, did not come here for pictures) to cooperate.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    ...but most interesting is that you did get those guys (snarl, scoff, did not come here for pictures) to cooperate.
                    Not as easy as you think....

Most of the pictures turned out like this:

Comment

This little guy (gal? I didn't look in the right place) is a mile from my house.
                      Sorry about the overexposure from sunlight. I wanted to get it on Sunday afternoon when there were fewer cars around, and ya do what ya gotta do, amiright?

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

A few years ago, I saw this big cow in store parking lot a couple days after seeing it in a parade.
                          So pulled in for closer look, and a picture.

I tried to pose it so the bike had about the same stance of the cow.

Later note, Friday morning>>>
                          Huh, my link is not in my posting any more.

Huh, I can understand my link (with the ~ original) to my photobucket image would cause pfotosucket to display a dummy image, I can understand pfotosuckit not displaying anything, but I dont understand my pfotosuckit link being deleted from my GSR post.... well, unless GSR moderator is doing it per some arrangement with pafotobucket, or the forum software deleting my link from the posting, ... or something like that.

I did manage to find my original picture file from 2011
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-05-2018, 08:04 AM. Reason: later note about pafotosuckit.

Comment

LOL...Funny, Dave!

Comment

I'll give you your pink elephant and raise you a mother and 3 baby elephants.
                              Taken a couple summers ago.
                              I remember reading one of the little guys had run away [stolen]. Don't know if it ever made it back.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Hahahaha...

Comment

Working...
                                X