Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
    You need to make a giant fly lure for that fish!
    It's Salmon fest this saturday, so the pic fits the season around here. Even though it's not a salmon but rainbow trout.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      I'm in a " Crabby " mood this morning.......
      Bigfoot wants to ride!
      Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      How about a giant bulldog?
      Originally posted by gustovh View Post
      going to rerun this one.
      Great shots one and all....thanks!

Charlie, we met a relative of your bigfoot at the Fishing Hall of Fame.
      Here he is with our Marks Wells.

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Friday Vote Day.
        Let me compile the entries without the comments and other postings.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        OK kids....let's play.
        This week we are looking for a Gigantic Animal...

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

Originally posted by bccap View Post

!

Originally posted by Spyder View Post

Originally posted by gustovh View Post

There you have it folks. (let me know if I missed any.)

Is up to you to choose between the most gigantic animal, or the most interesting picture for whatever reason, or the most interesting gigantic animal, or the most interesting picture of a gigantic animal.

Last edited by Redman; 10-05-2018, 07:53 AM. Reason: recover from pfotosuckit problem

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I gotta go with Charlie G. Bigfoot really wants to go for a ride on that Triumph! I don't care if it's a real animal or not (maybe a subject for another thread?). It's just fun. Sorry no pic for me this week. Best I could come up with was a live porcupine, but I didn't take any pics with the bike in it.

Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Kerrfunk and his pink elephant this week. Truly a gigantic animal and the bike beneath it gives a good perspective.
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Voting for Charlie's fabulous Sasquatch.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I'm going with Charlie's Sasquatch..... Being a west coaster our Sasquatch could take out that sissy Yeti the Asians have with one swipe of his arm........
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

A vote for Spyders bulldog. The image has a togetherness about it - the contrasting highlights on dark of the bike and bulldog match, the angle of the forks and front legs match, all in an overall darker image.
                  1979 GS1000
                  1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

I vote for SPIDER! Mainly because his motorcycle looks awesome with the black and chrome/polished aluminum. And my neighbor has a Bull Dog named Molly.
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I gotta go with Burque73 (Roger) for that creepy af centipede. Ack.

Thanks for the vote, Roger! May others be encouraged to follow you!
                      And honorable mention to Rich for the porcupine. That made me smile.

Great and challenging theme, Bob. That muskie is truly gigantic.
                      "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Ruthie from Redman rules!
                        She is in a trailer, can you imagine riding down the road and seeing that behemoth coming towards you?
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Charlie and big foot for me.

V
                          Gustov
                          80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                          80 GS 550 L
                          86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

I have to go with bcap and his crab. Just a really cool artsy fartsy thing, lol...
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Porkypine is a regular (and real) porkypine and has no bike. I have never seen one that close, but if I did, I would like for it to be on other side of fence like that.

I liked the chrome crab, amongst the entire place and surrounding area.

THe musky is the most gigantic.
                              CBX in line of elephants, interesting.
                              Rogers big bug, and that is a big bug, 3D, I think those shadows are real, not part of a image.
                              Bigfoot looks like he might step down from there and "throw a leg over".

I think of this game as something of a photo contest. So as far as an interesting picture OF the subject matter (and bike); I keep coming back to mine with the bike somewhat mimicking the stark cow, and Kerfunk's pink elephant. Both are interesting pictures of the subject-theme-category and bike, with little other distractions from the main subject-theme.

THe way Kerfunk's pic is posed really shows the size of the elephant compared to the bike, with the bike under and behind the elephant really makes the elephant stand out and look larger. The only distraction being the sun flares, but it kinda looks like the elephant is attacking the sun. Now, I suspect the "overexposure" and flares were inadvertent or maybe to get good exposure of the bike. And maybe the bike is behind the elephant because that is where the parking space was, and maybe took pic from the shadow side from concern of background clutter, but, anyway, that overall pose made it an interesting photo. The photo is an interesting picture of the gigantic animal and the bike (and that is the entire picture). And I can say most all the same for mine.

I think I have seen that elephant in the distance in other pics/poses, but this composition is quite interesting, especially for the category of "gigantic" animal. The only distraction is the overexposure/ flares, but in a way, that make the pic more interesting.

I would say mine and Kerry Kerfunks are close tie, but I will give him the benefit of the tie breaker. My vote is for Kerry Kerfunk's gigantic pink elephant.

Last edited by Redman; 10-05-2018, 03:33 PM. Reason: resisting pun about utterly bigger

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Good week...

Liked them all this week...seriously.

kerrfunk - Outstanding framing of your bike. And the sunburst does not distract.

Redman - Dave, as always, great photo. That is not the first "cow on a trailer" I've seen. Wish you did one of two things. At least parked up a bit so I can read the sign on the trailer, or backed your bike up to the trailer, like you were towing it.

steve mudoch - Nice move putting the bike at the end of the elephant line. Would they have let you pull right on the grass behind them?

Burquet73 - Hands down the creepiest gigantic animal of the bunch...ick

bccap - Is this your first entry? Anyway, I love it. Just a stunning building and statue. Makes me want to visit.

Gustovh - That fish is the same size as your bike. Did you have to jump the curb to get up there?

My two favorites are Charlie G's and Spyder's

Charlie G - Great! Funny stuff and nicely shot. That is a perspective I appreciate. It really looks like he sees a neat, shinny thing, and you are digging for your keys....LOL

Spyder - Outstanding looking bike, and it works so well with the bulldog. Very nice photo. It is like they are both guarding something, maybe the tree?

Very, very tough call, but in the end, my vote is Charlie G's Big Foot...
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X