Batfam.....
    No signature

Comment

Marvinsc for me.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Marvinsc gets my vote...
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

OK...Happy Saturday Morning!

Votes are in...

Kerrfunk, Redman, Trevor, Burque73, and Baatfam with one vote each
          Steve with two votes
          And our winner, (first time I believe), is marvinsc with four votes.

If someone could verify my count, that would be great!
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Count seconded....
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Count seconded....
              Excellent!

Well Scott, you're up...What theme do you have for us this week?
              And remember, it doesn't have to be a place or thing. It could be a thought, color, emotion, direction, anything at all....
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks folks, I'm honored. For this week let's see your best WTHAI pic. I am aware as riders, we are never lost, just exploring until we run out of gas BUT once in a while one has to stop and ask "Where the Hell am I"

.Reelfoot2010 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

I was riding in the area of Reelfoot Lake Tennessee and managed to wander into that part of Kentucky that is not connected to the rest of the State. I rode across a Soybean field and walked to the top of a Levee and took this shot. This was 2010.
                sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Aaaaah, the figari riders.....

My father had a picture in a photo album of him and two friends on a snowmobile trip with a note saying "the figari riders".
                  I asked what it meant and his reply was "where the figari......"
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

What a cool theme idea. I've had a few of those moments on the GS and the KLR. In NM it's been referred to as FAKAMI (singular) or FAKAWI (multiple).
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A
                    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Congrats on the well deserved win Marvinsc

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      "Where the Hell am I"
                      I've been there, might even have a pic.
                      1979 GS1000
                      1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Congrats, Scott!

Funny story, I went to Grinnell College, which is in central Iowa, off Interstate 80, between Des Moines and Iowa City. Geographically it's a high spot (elevation) between the two cities, and there's two railroads that cross there, which is probably why there's a town there. First college west of the Mississippi River, established in 1846. Anyway, in the 90s there was a T-shirt that said on the front "Where the Hell is Grinnell?" and on the back it said "Who the Hell cares?"
                        One day, my mom was wearing that T-shirt, and she was standing in line at a grocery store or something, and the man behind her in line -- who had not seen the front of the shirt -- tapped her on the shoulder and said, "I care!"

In addition to that story, the theme "where the hell am I?" brought this picture to mind. Fall of 2017, I was out exploring some of the smaller roads south of me and I found myself in a holler. I was on a striped road for a while, and then the stripe was gone and it was a single lane, and then the pavement was gone and it was gravel and I wondered if I would have to turn around eventually -- I've found myself in those places, too! After about three miles of gravel, the road opened up a bit, and there was pavement, and a house. I stopped and took this picture, where the gravel and the pavement meet. I thought it looked particularly nice in B&W.

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

So far in 2019:
                          week of # theme winner # of wins pics votes
                          1-Jan 1 What is the sun shining on redman 1 10 14
                          5-Jan 2 profile Dave R 1 17 18
                          12-Jan 3 my favorite picture burque 1 17 16
                          19-Jan 4 peak / peek / pique kerrfunk 1 11 15
                          26-Jan 5 silhouette sandy 1 12 13
                          2-Feb 6 vineyard trevor 1 8 10
                          9-Feb 7 tourist attraction marvinsc 1 12 11
                          16-Feb 8 where the hell am i
                          Last edited by kerrfunk; 02-16-2019, 04:40 PM.
                          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Aaaaah, the figari riders.....

My father had a picture in a photo album of him and two friends on a snowmobile trip with a note saying "the figari riders".
                            I asked what it meant and his reply was "where the figari......"
                            I was at the annual Goldwing gathering one year and saw a pair of nearly-identical Wings with personalized plates.
                            His bike had "WERFA", her bike had "KARWE". Didn't make much sense until they said to put them together.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ranch country in SW Saskatchewan. Not really lost. Highway #342 is just over the rise in the middle distance.

1979 GS1000
                              1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

Lost in central NY somewhere... ( I had no idea where I was). My good friend Steve lead me around, NO idea where I was..
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X