No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Burque73; 09-01-2019, 05:35 PM.
    Roger

Current rides
    1983 GS 850G
    2003 FJR 1300A
    Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I am not submitting this for voting but I could not resist what may be my only opportunity ever to put up this stitched panorama of the Tetons I took back in 2012 on my 10,000 mile bucket list trip of the northwest and the plains.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
      80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

What was once forest...................

V
        Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Thanks for adding the definition Bob. Also be aware that panoramas can also be vertical, not just the standard horizontal that most of us are familiar with.

Not an entry.

White Pass and Yukon Railway by soates50, on Flickr
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            .. ... ............ this stitched panorama of the Tetons ..
            Welcome Don.

And nicely stitched together it is.

Was your 2012 10 thousand mile trip when you rode the scooter to Sturgus Bike Week.....?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I like this theme. Liked it when we did it last fall too. It gets you to look at things in a different way. I rode and shot quite a few panos this weekend looking for the right scene. Got a few that I thought were OK, then I rode past one of my favorite covered bridges and had another idea. I like the result. Entry is the top bridge interior. Some of my other attemps are below

Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Hey Don. Great panorama you have. Everyone knows why they're called the Tetons and Grand Tetons don't they?
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                  Hey Don. Great panorama you have. Everyone knows why they're called the Tetons and Grand Tetons don't they?
                  Oh yes, Love the Tetons! Probably goes back to the age 12 for me... 😊
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                    Welcome Don.

And nicely stitched together it is.

Was your 2012 10 thousand mile trip when you rode the scooter to Sturgus Bike Week.....?
                    No, the year I took the scooter to Sturgis was 2014. Those pictures are still up on the Stator thread.

I did go to Sturgis Bike Week on the 2012 trip on the way back to Florida but that was on the 1100E I had at the time.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                      Because it sounds more elegant than the Dolly Partons?

Nature bats last.

Comment

Had fun in driveway this afternoon, and have this to submitt:
                        Three bikes in a straight line, or at least that may be how it appears.

But Notice that each bike seems to be about the same distance from the viewer.
                        If the bikes had been in a straight line, the bikes on the end would be further away than the bike in the center, and would appear to be further away.
                        The bikes are in something of an arc, and picture taken in panoramic. Note the line in cement under bike on left going to the center and the line under the bike on the right going to the center ... those are actually the one same straight line. Taken from a knelling position, so the perspective is straight perpendicular from the side of the bikes.

Here is a regular shot of the scene, from a standing position,standing further back. You can see where I put down the phone clip on the pavement, that is about the point that I took the pano shot from, turning the camera from one side to the other. And you can see the one straight line in the cement.

Like we discussed last year, when "pano" was a topic; I had learnt about panographic years ago (ah, 50 years ago) when my grandfather showed me picture of his Army group from the Great War (World War I). Well, I should say; I remember him showing me the picture and him telling me about it (and his buddy that was in the picture twice), but was not till years later that I understood it. And then, decades later, it was interesting to find the "pano" function as a common standard feature on iPhone.
                        Last edited by Redman; 09-03-2019, 11:56 AM. Reason: about where

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's my church over yonder, and the fountain in the park across the street.
                          I have no doubt I wasn't supposed to have a motorized vehicle up there, but small town

"I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Uhhhh, I think you may have forgotten something?
                            '83 GS 1100T
                            The Jet

sigpic
                            '95 GSXR 750w
                            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                              Uhhhh, I think you may have forgotten something?
                              If you're talking to me, I must have.
                              What did I forget?
                              "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Hmmm... I did not see your picture the last time I logged in. I can see it now. Must have been a glitch on my end...

Carry on...
                                '83 GS 1100T
                                The Jet

sigpic
                                '95 GSXR 750w
                                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                                X