X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMG_4214 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

My entry this week. The watering hole, in the middle of Dartmoor, where all the cows,horses and sheep come in the summer for a drink and a paddle. Must be an underground spring or something because even during the hottest summers it never seems to dry up.

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I'm going to put this here as a placeholder in case I don't come up with something better while I'm in West Virginia tomorrow or Monday

18 Oct 2017 Ride by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          .................................................. ......... I half expect to see one of Dave's bikes finally "in" Lake Michigan (let it be the Rebel).
          Ha! Like this, Rich . . . . ?
          Not Lake Michigan, but is bayou of GrandRiver a couple miles before the river gets to the lake. (And is a Shadow)

Near the water, Over the water, and, yah, is IN the water in some respect.

And, here is GK actually IN the water along with reflection in the water.
          IMG_4722 by Dave Redman, on Flickr
          Is at another park on the Grand River. When the water level was high and over a road in the park. That road was closed, but, ah, bike could get around the gate. The difficult part was walking away from bike, stepping in the water, then waiting for the ripples to subside, all while still standing in the water (trying to remember when was the last time I greased my boots with the mink oil).
          Now, years later, I just noticed what must have been water still dripping off the bike.

>>>Later Edit.

Ah, here I found this pic. I'll have this be my submission
          Other dock at same boat ramp park as the first pic, other year, looking in other direction. And evening sun.

Near water, over water, and some element of the picture is IN the water, similar to the first pic, but this one is the GK.
          Last edited by Redman; 10-15-2019, 08:09 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

This is in the short list of favorite pics I took this year.
            http://Moonlight midnight ride. by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I didn't even know where to begin...I have so many pics of my bikes by water..living on an Island will do that lol...so I thought I would show a throwback bike.... My 1984 GS1150EF...a $600 bike.
              Always liked this pic in front of a dock near my house and like the Seagull on the post.

No signature

Comment

The '01 TT600 on the Fox River in IL - Oct 2011
                Still have it - Still looks like new
                TT600 on the Fox River by Bob Thieda, on Flickr
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK, it's not my GS this time around, but it was a memorable ride to get here.
                  My quest was "the end of the road".

I stopped here before proceeding and posing the above picture.

Proof that it's the end of the road:

I was at the red spot in the lower-right corner.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Dave, as a fan of irony I think you should call that pic Shadows reflection.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Hehehehehe!!!!
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ha ! ! Hee hee

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Dave, as a fan of irony ...
                          As a fan of irony, hopefully you realize that irony is merely the opposite of wrinkly.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

State Road 76 passes through Las Trampas, NM as part of The High Road To Taos. Off to the side of the road is a really cool old Spanish aqueduct with a wooden flume, or canoa. It's still in use bringing irrigation water to the village.

Here it is from another angle.

Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Our local watering hole.

V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Last year PA camping trip. It rained. A lot.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Working...
                                X