No announcement yet.

Pic of the week game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone had to do it, but no I'm not voting for Gustovh. Sure brings back memories though. 1980 coming home from the U.S.125cc Motocross Grand Prix at Mid-Ohio. We would slow down, a group of girls would pass us. Then we would speed up to pass them with my brothers azz hanging out the window! Funny times back then. My teen years were great! Anyway, I VOTE FOR BURQUE he nailed it again 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Eating a Moon Pie and listening to Moondance by Van Morrison has put me in the mood to vote for dorkburger.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Eating a Moon Pie and listening to Moondance by Van Morrison has put me in the mood to vote for dorkburger.

When I grabbed this week's photo I was thinking of The Doors, Moonlight Drive.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Beautiful Sunrise this morning...a nice day to count votes...

This week we had 13 votes:

One vote each, Gustovh and Baatfam...

Two votes for dorkburger...

Three votes for Burgue73...

And with 6 votes, and the win, Rich82GS750TZ...

Nicely done, Rich!

What do you have in mind for our first theme of 2020? (or the last theme of 2019? )
          Last edited by Baatfam; 12-28-2019, 09:06 AM.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thank you, gents. I'm going to, hopefully, make the next theme easier for people to participate. I know most of us are not riding much, or not at all right now. And I know most of you will have images that will fit somehow. The them is "military salute". It doesn't have to be a military vehicle in the shot, but that would certainly fit. I took a different shot from a scene I used in last August's aviation theme. I've done some minor manipulation to sort of "Kodachrome" the shot a bit. A few of you will understand what I mean by that. I think it suits the Huey and it's period of service.

Just to restate the theme: "Military Salute"

Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
            Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks for the summation and the tally Bob.

Nice theme-category Rich.

Kodachrome, yep, I recall that. A slide film(available in 25 or 64ASA), slower than Ektachrome (100 or 200), but brighter colors. The three basic colors really stood out. If held up the slide to the light just right could the slide was thicker where there the image is and certain colors were thicker than others. That is what I recall.

I have a picture in mind to use, but is somewhat similar to yours as is a helicopter (heuy?) static display and I have submitted the shot before. Maybe I can find some other shot.
              Last edited by Redman; 12-28-2019, 11:41 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Bob, Tell us about the lighting on the wall and you. (seems to be different than the bike)
                That lighting really adds depth, and seems to make the scene match the scene in the picture frame.
                THe headlight seems to mimic the moon (would have more if all headlight was in the frame).
                Dave...the best kind of light, reflected sunlight...

I struggled with that shot trying to keep reflections off the framed print glass.
                Lights out, doors closed, tripod high/low, even considered covering the garage windows.
                (You can still see the turned out overhead lights in the glass below the moon)

Our house faces SE, so sunlight comes in through the garage door windows.
                It was bright Christmas eve at 11am, and the sun gave a good reflection off the polish/sealed concrete floor.

Took these today, at about the same time of day, and it was cloudy out.

Used a 10 sec timer with 3 shots. Push the button, run behind the bikes, pose a few times, move the camera, repeat.
                Some of the better ones...

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                Voting for Bob this week just on Coolness of the moon shot.
                Thanks, Scott...
                This is the original moon photo I used for that print.

Now....
                To figure out something for this week....
                Last edited by Baatfam; 12-28-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I have a bunch of pictures thet fit this theme. I just have to figure out which one to post...

This picture is at the Beaver Country Airport in Chippewa Pennsylvania. One of my favorite ride destinations.
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Military Memorial at the local City Park.

IMG_4638 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                    Last edited by marvinsc; 12-28-2019, 05:53 PM.
                    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Too subtle?

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Too subtle?
                        nope. I had to look for it, but I get it, and I like it. It’ll be up to the voters to decide if the the photo meets the theme. It’s certainly a nicely composed/exposed shot with the focus in the right spot.
                        Rich
                        1982 GS 750TZ
                        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                        Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Although I am retired Air Force and could easily get out to the base for some pictures, I don't know if the weather will cooperate for me so I'll go with this one and possibly update it by week's end.

The Protestant Chapel at the Dayton Veterans Administration Hospital. The first picture is my submission but the second is a better explanation as I couldn't get the bike in the shot without showing off the construction fence

Dayton VA Protestant Church by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Dayton VA Protestant Church Rear by Scott Baker, on Flickr

The National Asylums or Soldiers Homes were the original veteran hospitals late 1800s/early 1900s until the formal creation of the Veterans Bureau in 1921 and later the Veterans Administration/Department of Veterans Affairs
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I liked the pic I first used, but think this one fits the theme better.

From the New Mexico Veteran's Memorial

Last edited by Burque73; 12-30-2019, 11:55 AM.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A
                            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

OH, how I loathe PhotoSuckit... I have a couple old pictures for this STUCK in Photobucket. I can see them! When I try to do anything about it (download, save, remove, ANYTHING) POP-UP. If I use my computer here at work, my antivirus flags it as a malicious website. I want my pictures BACK ! ! !
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I can't even see my old PB pics.
                                I have a couple I can use, but I have to find the one I'm looking for. Its several years old, and I don't remember what I took the picture with.
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X