• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    HumÂ…..
    kÂ’fnk, Bob bÂ’fam , Jedz, richÂ…Â….
    HumÂ…Â…

vote for rich82.
    Dave, just checking to make sure you’re Ok. Maybe the text looks different on your screen. Emojis of some kind? Looks like you may be having a stroke on my screen. Thanks for the vote
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Dpep gets mine this week.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Christmas lights from Redman, if you please.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Well Happy Saturday, GSR! Welcome to the weekend!

Let's tally up...

With one vote each, Burque73, Cowboyup3371, Grimly, and kerrfunk.
          With two votes, Redman.
          With three votes, Rich82GS750TZ.

And with five votes for the win, dpep!
          Nice photo, Don.
          What's next?
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            I vote for REDMAN and the Christmas Street Lights.

I'm not getting how Burque's Sail Plane picture fits the "Light" theme... ? Cool picture though. 
            I liked Redman's photo as well. it was hard to pick just one yesterday and I waffled so much I ran out of time.

Maybe a hot air balloon would have been a better representation of my thought there. Better yet a baloon with it's burner going at night, that would have been cool. Those night time balloon events are hard to get near with a bike though.

Actually the whole balloon setup, envelope, gondola, fuel etc. can weigh more than most gliders. For giggles and things I went to the scrappers near my house and rode up on the scale. My GS on that day tipped the scale at 662 lbs weighing more than many balloons and gliders. It has since lost a few pounds.

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Thanks, guys. This week lets go with Local Landmarks. Here is a shot of The Rooster, the namesake of a long standing biker bar between Jacksonville and St Augustine.

Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

IMG_4078 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

The Wooldridge Monuments are a series of historical monuments located in Maplewood Cemetery of Mayfield, Kentucky. They were built for Colonel Henry G. Wooldridge, to commemorate family members and other loved ones of his life, from 1892 until Wooldridge's death on May 30, 1899. Wooldridge is the only one buried at the site.

sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                  IMG_4078 (1) by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

The Wooldridge Monuments are a series of historical monuments located in Maplewood Cemetery of Mayfield, Kentucky. They were built for Colonel Henry G. Wooldridge, to commemorate family members and other loved ones of his life, from 1892 until Wooldridge's death on May 30, 1899. Wooldridge is the only one buried at the site.

That's a lot of monuments for one man. It must have required a monumental effort. lol
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Being a old Steel Town, Youngstown, Ohio has a lot of "Local Landmarks". I call this guy Iron Man. It's a big sculpture made out of scrap metal. It sits in front of a scrap yard. I'm not sure how long it's been there, but it's been there since I was a kid. When I drive by, I always say "I am Iron Man" in my best Ozzy voice. 🌞
                    Attached Files
                    My Motorcycles:
                    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                    79 1000e (all original)
                    82 850g (all original)
                    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                      Being a old Steel Town, Youngstown, Ohio has a lot of "Local Landmarks". I call this guy Iron Man. It's a big sculpture made out of scrap metal. It sits in front of a scrap yard. I'm not sure how long it's been there, but it's been there since I was a kid. When I drive by, I always say "I am Iron Man" in my best Ozzy voice. 
                      That's awesome, lol.
                      Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
                      1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                        That's a lot of monuments for one man. It must have required a monumental effort. lol
                        LOL Earl, local lore has it that as the horse statue was being delivered to the Cemetery a town drunk hopped aboard and rode B!tch to the Cemetery.....
                        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

As an aside... Earlfor, your latest and greatest signature lines are epic.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            As an aside... Earlfor, your latest and greatest signature lines are epic.
                            Bits of country philosophy. heh
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
                              Bits of country philosophy. heh
                              It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Local landmark, real local, like down the street and around the corner.
                                When giving directions, will say "... just past the plane at the airport ... "

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                                X