Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, Glen !
    Actaully taking pictures of light.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Man, Glen !
      Actaully taking pictures of light.
      Very John Alton

Good book! Painting with Light
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I would say I am years behind Mr Glen Dorkburger.

But I rode into downtown Muskegon again last night, about an hour after sunset.
        I ques, I am just marveling at what this camera can do when crank up the ISO to, say, 3200. So just experimenting, having fun. Not really art work (like Glen's.)

Look, Just parking lot lights,
        and looks like blue sky.

Library. And passing car. (Going to right. Headlight-white at start of exposure, then taillights-red near end of exposure.)

Train Depot (now visitor center)

LST393 museam. (LST= Landing Ship Tank)

Okay. I think I am done with this fun -- for now.
        Last edited by Redman; 10-08-2019, 01:02 PM. Reason: LST393 link.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Yesterday...

Comment

Here's one taken yesterday from one of my favourite short fall hikes. Front door to here in about 1 1/2 hours split between driving and hiking.

Silver Spring Lake by soates50, on Flickr
            Last edited by Sandy; 10-08-2019, 05:15 PM.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              (LST= Landing Ship Tank)
              I think there are quite a few men that have been on one of those that have a different interpretation of those letters.

LST = Large Stationary Target.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I think there are quite a few men that have been on one of those ..............
                I can understand someone having that Long Stationary Target idea when it landed on the beach. Or the Large Slow Target when underway.

The history of that particular one includes Normandy, .....
                ... and Salerno Italy which means it is possible that it included my uncle (that I am named after), KIA about 2 weeks later.
                Last edited by Redman; 10-08-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Went out tonight to play with the camera some making my way out to the office - that is, that place where I still have an office when I decide to go to it instead of working from home. I had a tough time working around the orange glow from the lights that illuminate this statue of a Civil War Soldier not to mention just how to use the camera for night shots.

Civil War Soldier Dayton VA Hospital by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Civil War Soldier Front Dayton VA Hospital by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Are You Ready For Some Football?

My almost 15 year old step-son Paul has Spina Bifida which means he's paralyzed from the waist down and obviously unable to participate in many sports. However, he begged to be the manager of his 8th grade football team this year and has made every practice and game. As typical for this time of year, the coaches scheduled tonight's game to be at the high school field. Additionally, in a special thank you for his assistance, the coaches designed a play that would allow him to actually be on the field. Of course, the visiting team helped out and a local news station was onsite to videotape the game. In fact, Paul and mom get to be on that station's morning show tomorrow.

Are you ready for some football? (7th grade was on the field)

Middle School Football Evening by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Set

Paul lined up in back field by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Breaking tackles

6 yards to go by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Touchdown and spiking the ball

Touchdown and spike the ball by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Thanks for sharing , Scott. That’s awesome.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                      Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                        Thanks for sharing , Scott. That’s awesome.
                        Very awesome.
                        Here is the news report: https://dayton247now.com/news/local/...cial-touchdown

Comment

Nice...!...
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Fantastic story!
                            Thanks, Scott.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Me and Dom by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Me (on the Left) the Late Dom Scotto (Scotty) on the Right about 15 years ago. If you never met this guy in person you missed out on a true character...
                              sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                              2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                                Me (on the Left) the Late Dom Scotto (Scotty) on the Right about 15 years ago. If you never met this guy in person you missed out on a true character...
                                Yes, was a prominent poster the first few years I was on here. He attended a rally or two (S.E.) and hosted some get togethers near his place (Leto FL?), and posted pics of them all.

Hey, were you the guy that was visiting him, and was it you or him that had a test ride go wrong (something locked up a wheel, IIRC), so posted pics of lots of road rash while changing bandages ....?

>>>>>>>>>>>Later note
                                Maybe it was Painter Dave (another fine character, from the past, no longer with us).
                                Last edited by Redman; 10-13-2019, 08:28 AM. Reason: >>>later note

Comment

Working...
                                X