X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The foot of the Tail............:-)
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Yesterday morning on a quick stop on my way to work. Normally I don't like cloudless boring skies, but it didn't bother me in this case. I'm hoping to work on my notoriously poor landscape / big scene photography this year. http://New Brunswick NJ by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

A few weeks ago, the guy whose garage I share and work out of asked me to help build a gun case for the honor guard to the local VA hospital/cemetery. After we decided to include the service plaques as part of the build, I spent the last 10 days cutting these on my scroll saw. If anyone is interested, i'll post up the finished pictures in a week or two.

IMG_6389 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Beautiful work Scott.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            Yesterday morning on a quick stop on my way to work. Normally I don't like cloudless boring skies, but it didn't bother me in this case. I'm hoping to work on my notoriously poor landscape / big scene photography this year. http://New Brunswick NJ by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
            Well Glen that's a really good start. Looking forward 5o see what the future brings. Tip #1, move to the boonies. Just kidding.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

A Cardinal convention in the back yard.

IMG_6205 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Watching the Super Bowl with Rocco
                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Love this pic............The only thing that detracts is, it's not on the level cutting off the pot handle..........bird colours pop, especially the one near the pot.........Where are the likes.

Bit like the Aussie joke.

How can you tell when an Aussie is on the level.

Dribble comes out of both sides of the mouth

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Last edited by 650Skull; 02-14-2022, 05:14 AM.
                  82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                  Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                  Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                  Albums

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    .last 10 days cutting these on my scroll saw. .

IMG_6389 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                    Nice.

How did you do the border (rope?) all around without that piece being completly seperate? Or is it remounted somehow?

Yes, do show us the full project.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by kerrfunk View Post
                      Watching the Super Bowl with Rocco
                      Nice, Kerr.

I told my wife I want to watch how the Detroit Rams do (a joking refrence to the quarterback Stafford).

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post

Tell the birds they probably dont want to go too much further north yet. If go to Michigan they will not find any open ground.

And they may not get along well with some of the other birds here

Comment

After work today.

http://Manasquan Reservoir by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                          Last edited by dorkburger; 02-14-2022, 09:08 PM.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            Nice.

How did you do the border (rope?) all around without that piece being completly seperate? Or is it remounted somehow?

Yes, do show us the full project.

Each plaque contains three separate pieces - the fretwork for the internal ring of the service's emblem, the middle ring with the United States (Fill in the service's name here), and the outside rope ring. Once the interior and middle pieces are cut, you cut all three apart then go back to cut the short lines that make up the rope's design.

Once everything is painted/stained, I'll place a colored piece of felt below the middle ring that will raise it about 1/8" and then place spaces under the internal ring to raise it as well. All pieces will be CA glued to a backer ring that will then be glued to the door.
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                              Once everything is painted/stained, I'll place a colored piece of felt below the middle ring that will raise it about 1/8" and then place spaces under the internal ring to raise it as well. . . . .
                              Will then be even more impressive that what we have already seen ! Do show us.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                After work today.

http://.....Manasquan Reservoir by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                Ah-Stoun-ding..

Comment

Working...
                                X