• Show
Clear All

Very nice Brendan
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

A couple of hundred miles of seat time today and the helmet hair to prove it!

IMG_5134 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

IMG_5122 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

http://Shadow play by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Glen, Master of Low Light. Very nice.

A few from yesterday...cone flowers again. Still the 50mm macro....

Cone Flowers by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Nice job on capuring the Bee.
            As far as my "mastery" of low light - its more like increasing my odds by taking many shots - and leaving the camera on full auto.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Nice job on capuring the Bee.
              As far as my "mastery" of low light - its more like increasing my odds by taking many shots - and leaving the camera on full auto.
              Thanks. The bee isn't completely sharp, but I think he was moving on me.

Many shots, yes, me too. But you really are getting a handle on low light.

Comment

I like the capture of that bee; you must have either been very lucky at seeing him or very patient. Either way, maybe it's time to bring up that retirement conversation again HAHAHHAHA

Charmayne bought a real camera this weekend and so I figured we'd go to downtown Miamisburg for some pictures. This mural was just completed by a Centerville native who has painted several in Europe and Mexico. Sadly, a bucket truck was still in front of it so I couldn't get better shots:

From near to far - Charlie Chaplin, Judy Garland, Paul Newman, Carrie Fisher, and John Wayne

New Miamisburg Mural by Scott Baker, on Flickr

John Wayne Miamisburg Mural by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                  I like the capture of that bee; you must have either been very lucky at seeing him or very patient. Either way, maybe it's time to bring up that retirement conversation again HAHAHHAHA

Charmayne bought a real camera this weekend and so I figured we'd go to downtown Miamisburg for some pictures. This mural was just completed by a Centerville native who has painted several in Europe and Mexico. Sadly, a bucket truck was still in front of it so I couldn't get better shots:

From near to far - Charlie Chaplin, Judy Garland, Paul Newman, Carrie Fisher, and John Wayne
                  Those murals are very cool, and nicely shot....Thanks...

As for the bees, there were funny. If I stayed about 12" away, they didn't care. If I moved in to about 6-8" they started buzzing me.
                  I wasn't worried about being stung, but they wouldn't stay still. So I set the focus at about 6" and pushed the camera in until the focus assist lite up, and snapped.
                  Buzzz.....back out. Push in, snap....buzzz, pull out. Anyway, got 15 photos or so that way, and two were OK enough to save.

Fun!

Here is the other:

Comment

The Highway 79 Bridge across Kentucky Lake at Paris Landing Tennessee.

IMG_5030 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

While in Fulton Kentucky over the weekend looking for train pics I came across these train wheels and axles.

.IMG_5114 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Where I've been Riding

Comment

DSC02912 by T, on Flickr

I've been browsing thru and organizing photos, because I've got 10s of thousands of them. This is Fort Rock, the earliest human habitation in North America was found in a cave nearby, you can see where water from the ancient lake smoothed off the shore line
                        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                        2007 DRz 400S
                        1999 ATK 490ES
                        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                          DSC02912 by T, on Flickr

I've been browsing thru and organizing photos, because I've got 10s of thousands of them. This is Fort Rock, the earliest human habitation in North America was found in a cave nearby, you can see where water from the ancient lake smoothed off the shore line
                          Very cool. Is that anywhere near Summer Lake/Paisley area? I was reading about some pre-colvis caves (15,000 years ago approx) in that area. They're secured by concrete and iron now but always wanted to go and poke around that area.
                          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
                            Very cool. Is that anywhere near Summer Lake/Paisley area? I was reading about some pre-colvis caves (15,000 years ago approx) in that area. They're secured by concrete and iron now but always wanted to go and poke around that area.
                            Yeah, there's actually a town called Fort Rock on the way to Summer Lake. It's right by the rock. BTW, this is just the SE corner of it. It's a big circle
                            Check out the Oregon Outback Scenic Byway. It will take you to Crack In The Ground, which is just a few miles NE of Christmas Valley

DSC03299 by T, on Flickr
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Man....Big T, that's a big country. Nice!

Comment

Something for a photo challenge - theme is "books"

Bourbon and Books by R John Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X