No announcement yet.

Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dave. It’s been fun exploring the multiple ways how light, shadow, and reflection play on the shallow water. Still trying to get a shot(s) that nicely captures an image of the bottom of the brook, the surface, and something reflected on the surface... a three in one of sorts. I haven’t had much chance in the past to explore around shallow stony brooks. Last weeks rain brought the level up a bit, but also cleaned some of the silt from the bottom to show more color.

I’m enjoying your ship shots, and I never tire of the lighthouse and pier photography.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Try messing with a polarising filter.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

My grandson had this critter for a companion on his bicycle ride to work this morning.

Gustov
        80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
        81 GS 1000 G
        79 GS 850 G
        81 GS 850 L
        83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
        80 GS 550 L
        86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
        2002 Honda 919
        2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

IMG_6479 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

Tis the Witching season...........
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Judge says I am responsible.

Well, Good.
            So,,,,, Next time my wife suggest I am not. . . . . . I can say I have a certificate that says I AM responsible, from a judge.
            (well, court magistrate, actually)

Lets not discuss the ticket here. (was not on bike, was in car, late night, no traffic, prohibited UTurn)

I like the picture, and that I can say that I have a judgment from a judge that I am "Responsible", despite other folks thought that maybe I am not.

Last edited by Redman; 10-19-2022, 09:30 AM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Been 10 days since posted a pier-sunset pic.
              In those 10 days, now sun is setting on "other" side of the pier.
              Was heavy cloudy cover all day, and this evening, but was a small area at just the right area of the horizon with thin enough clouds to let sunset light thru and light up the other clouds for just a few minutes.
              P1340011 by Dave Redman, on Flickr
              THis from way back, across the road, with my longest lens (600mm equivalent, this shot at about 400).
              Was in front of a big condo building (all the units appeared to be unoccupied), climbed up on a big transformer so could have elevation to look over above the traffic on the road and other obstacles in the area.
              36 degreesF and windy, and my gloves blew away while I was setting up the tripod. Got tripod and camera setup, and the wifi app on phone in operation, then climbed down and hid from wind behind the transformer, and operated camera from the app.. . .

And... from that location, I saw two cars make the same prohibited UTurn I got nabbed for, and they were doing it in between traffic and having to make it a 3 point turn.
              Last edited by Redman; 10-19-2022, 09:52 PM.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Got out for a nice fall single track ride today.

Single Trackin' in the Fall by soates50, on Flickr
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                  Judge says I am responsible.

Well, Good.
                  So,,,,, Next time my wife suggest I am not. . . . . . I can say I have a certificate that says I AM responsible, from a judge.
                  (well, court magistrate, actually)

Lets not discuss the ticket here. (was not on bike, was in car, late night, no traffic, prohibited UTurn)

I like the picture, and that I can say that I have a judgment from a judge that I am "Responsible", despite other folks thought that maybe I am not.

1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                  2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                  2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                  Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Close encounter. Was about 15' away. Used the zoom just not perfect in the focus and i have used the sharpen to enhance, (not a lot better), to make it a little better. Colours are natural.

IMG_7510 hpn reize 2500 copyright.jpg
                    82 GS650E (Canadian), 83 XS650SK (Canadian), Main machines Running
                    Aussie, 74 TX650A, 80 XS650SG, 81XS650SH, 80XS850, in various states of repair/disrepair
                    Introduction and ongoing thread for myGS650Ez
                    Albums

Comment

IMG_6482 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Self portrait - 1980

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Self portrait - 1980

……,.,,…..IMG][/URL]
                          interesting self portrait.

early - mid 20s…?

am guessing a custom frame something….. dune buggy? Flat track racer….?

tell us more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                            interesting self portrait.

early - mid 20s…?

am guessing a custom frame something….. dune buggy? Flat track racer….?

tell us more.
                            Austin Healey 100 1954 - I bought it in 1975. In those days old Healeys were easy to find. This was my second one, the first was a 1960 3000.
                            Decided to take it apart to do some rust repair, etc. 20 years and a couple divorces later, I still had it. In pieces.
                            Sold it, still in pieces, in 2002. Although I still got 10 times what I paid for it, it would have been a whole more together.
                            These days a nice one can go for six figures. One of my larger regrets.

The 100:

The 3000
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That 3000 is a slick looking ride. The spokes and knockoffs are class.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                                sigpic

Glen
                                -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Working...
                                X