Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Coming back from Miatas at the Gap yesterday, (in the Miata), we did as someone recommended.
    We parked in one of the pull offs on the dragon, pulled out our chairs, cameras, and cold drinks..
    Hey, You can do that with a small car. Hey, I think I know that spot on the Dragon. Yah, the place with the pullover lane and can see a curve in each direction.
    And then you can also combine your Mitia interest with an other hobby of photography.
    Why, I bet you took maybe 8 or 10 shots right there.

Is that a peace sign? Or does that stand for "too small"?
    Last edited by Redman; 08-05-2019, 02:50 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Hey, You can do that with a small car. Hey, I think I know that spot on the Dragon. Yah, the place with the pullover lane and can see a curve in each direction.
      And then you can also combine your Mitia interest with an other hobby of photography.
      Why, I bet you took maybe 8 or 10 shots right there.
      This one was between mile 3 and 4, on the downhill side of the road.
      Big enough to hold three small cars and motorcycle or two, which did happen.

And I did take a few pictures, but I am no Killboy, that's for sure.
      I found 8 or 10 GOOD ones, out of the 150 or so I took there.
      Moving vehicles is tricky business.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Went out last evening, just to get out, and take camera. Which I haven't done in, oh, six weeks, I would say.
        Which I previously would do often on the bike (along with a ride of course).
        Was Going to go down by the beach & pier, looked like might be a colorful sunset.

Was thinking of taking the 45 prime lens (faster) (90 equivalent in 35mmSLR, so short tele), but got so distracted trying to find the extra battery, that I forgot about the lens, and left on the 14-42 zoom.
        Eventually I did find the battery. Was Still in BMW RT side bag from my "ride-RT-home" trip the first week of June. I say all that to explain how long it has been since I been out on a photo expedition, so more like, 8 weeks

THis all was a different experience in a car. I just went straight there, found a parking space nearby (with some difficulty) and walked to the beach-pier. Sat in a place for a while, then go some place else for a while, waiting for sun-light to change. Went to the beach and then out on pier then the campground and then back to the beach.
        That was different. Usally on the bike I ride further out of town, go for a ride somewhere, then ride down near beach, find a place to pose bike, take a few shots, then continue my ride out of town in some other direction.

Okay, I will shut up, and post some pics:

P1040621rc by Dave Redman, on Flickr

I liked the shadow of the catwalk on the beacon tower. Typically I would rather not have the people in the picture, so dont go there on a busy summer day. But, hey, all the tourist are part of the scene there.

Yes, the catwalk is back up, after being gone for about 2 years for rework of the pier.

And the beacon tower freshly repainted.
        THese folks thought that was an invite for them to scratch something into it, their intials maybe.
        I was gonna say to them "Gee, I have always wondered who would do that. I always assumed it was teenagers out partying on a dark lonely night, not adults on a crowded day." (but, I chickened out.)

As often happens, the sun sets behind some clouds on the horizon, rather than seeing the sun go down behind the horizon.

Wife looked at all my pics, and commented that I sure have a lot of pics of young girls at the beach.
        I said that needed some silhouette in the foreground, you know, just for scale. And that I had invited her along. And that, well, I need another hobby endeavor for a few weeks yet. (and then I made a point to do some activities with her yet that evening. And post pics this afternoon, not then.)
        Last edited by Redman; 08-05-2019, 04:13 PM. Reason: pics

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

These fellas here, are eating our tomato plants....
          Caterpillars in the garden by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Caterpillars in the garden by Bob Thieda, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            These fellas here, are eating our tomato plants....
            Impressive.
            I was going to ask if that was all natural light (un-aided with mirrors or diffusers or whatnot).
            Or you found the situation in good light with a darker background.

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
              Impressive.
              I was going to ask if that was all natural light (un-aided with mirrors or diffusers or whatnot).
              Or you found the situation in good light with a darker background.
              Natural light, with some intermittent clouds, about 8am.
              Handheld, with my GX85, and 60mm macro.

Comment

Attached Files
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

IMG_2394 by Scott Marvin, on Flickr

This has been sitting beside a Gravel road in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_B...ecreation_Area for years. No one has touched it. Wonder why?
                  sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                  2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Duster getting close on job site.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by trent; 08-11-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                      This has been sitting beside a Gravel road....................
                      Ha!
                      What is your guess??
                      I suspect the porcelain fixture had been half buried for sometime (causing the discoloration to a portion of it) maybe in a swampy area.
                      THen dug up, and placed on the tire.
                      I would think would not bee too stable there on the tire like that. ANd would seem the sand would have gotten washed off the tire with any rain.
                      Last edited by Redman; 08-11-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

P1040741 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

1939 John Deer Model B

Comment

P1040764 by Dave Redman, on Flickr

At a small car show. CAnt tell you year/model, for sure, but I think late 30s Ford.

Comment

I was busy playing catch up, and found myself in a pickle, but I was still able to relish the moment and squeeze this photo in. Condiments are welcome... 🙂
                            Attached Files
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Went out last night and played with the new camera

DSC_1650 resized no flash f16 1-100 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                Went out last night and played with the new camera

DSC_1650 resized no flash f16 1-100 by Scott Baker, on Flickr
                                Beautiful sky, Scott. You've got to figure out how to turn off the date stamp, though.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X