Random Photo thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dave,
    Yes, a block wall. The bikes were up on a loading dock, the lights were some streetlights in the background.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
      From a recent trip to the Badlands of Alberta. Horseshoe Canyon.
      . soates50, on Flickr
      Quite a view. Good picture.
      Usally dont see a river over that distance, because, well, is down in IN a canyon.

Certainly got a good perspective, and good lighting, at a good time of day. Well light, but no shadows.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        . . . . . . The bikes were up on a loading dock, . . . . . . . . .
        Ah, The Dorkburger lerking around the old industrial part of town at night - again. (I recall other of your pics that fit that description)

In this pics, I would have not thought street light, since the light source seems to be at about the same elevation as the bikes and the wall. (but, yah, NewJersey has stuff I am not accustomed to hee hee hee)
        Last edited by Redman; 08-27-2019, 05:54 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Sandy, beautiful shot as per typical. I particularly like the second one with the mountain near- ish to the camera jutting above the horizon line.
          Thanks Glen. Just started playing with stitched panoramas a while ago. I see your point on the second picture, a strong foreground seems to add depth to a panorama that otherwise might seem a little flat. Definitely something to consider where possible when setting up a shot.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            Monet's Haystack series. And I know, because I've loved, and studied, his work since I was 14.

20-25 years ago, the Art Institute of Chicago had a major Monet exhibit.
            Included was a large number of Haystack paintings, along with so much other goodness.
            When you see several at once, it is incredible. I sat in that room, with haystacks all around me, for a couple hours.

Visiting Monet's Gardens, is very, very high on my bucket list.

One of the haystack paintings...
            Wheatstacks (End of Summer) 1890-91
            Thank you.
            We were lucky to see an exhibition of his work in The Orangerie in Paris a decade ago at least.
            My artist wife here is telling me he did a Notre Dame series also.
            @Redman, no bikes on football fields please
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              Thanks Glen. Just started playing with stitched panoramas a while ago.
              Started not to long ago myself.

Yours look great.
              Are you using the in-camera stitching, or doing it with software out of camera?
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                Started not to long ago myself.

Yours look great.
                Are you using the in-camera stitching, or doing it with software out of camera?
                The Olympus I have doesn't do in camera stitching but guides you through the shooting stage and you assemble it in their software. It's sort of a hokie procedure that I've never used. I used the Photoshop routine initially to get started but the same routine is also built into Lightroom Classic which I'm using more and more. Adobe makes it super easy, just select the photos to use, right click on them, select photo merge, a couple of options and select merge. The second shot is 5 shots and 180 degrees and processing time was about 30 seconds. They also have a slider to use to eliminate boundary warp which works great on scenics as long you don't have any geometric objects such as roads or fences near the edges. For shooting I shoot vertical to get the most pixels top to bottom and overlap shots at least 20% as well as include at least 20 - 25% more area top to bottom than I figure I need for post merge cropping, especially if you can't use the boundary warp slider. Obviously you want to keep your horizon straight and photos aligned as close as possible during the shooting stage. It's also recommended to turn off things like auto white balance so there's more consistent colour in your shots, I haven't done this and results have been good but I was also shooting in ideal conditions.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

A random photo...........no, it's not my Vespa, but my bike's the same color. Very high in Cortona, Italy a couple years ago.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Okay, photobucket logo now. Forget it, I don't know what I'm doing.
                    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Had no idea this "haystacks" theme was going to come up when I shot this panorama with my "phone" last month at the Traveling Picnic.

You can't see it in this picture, but behind that clump of trees about 1/4 the way from the left edge, this guy was hiding. (<-- click link)

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Some day, when you have nothing else to do, ...

Here is some of your building material:

Evidently they have been at this for quite a while here.

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Some days you don't want to get the big boat out........
                          Lawn chair boat by Scott Marvin, on Flickr
                          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

That's very cool Scott. But what about those times when even the biggest boat is not available?

Bremerton Naval Shipyards by Scott Baker, on Flickr

Based on what information I saw while there, that's the USS Kitty Hawk currently stationed at the Bremerton Naval Shipyards getting ready to be sent for scrap. I wasn't able to go up to that section of the shipyards more for time (my retiree ID card would get me on base but no tours of that ship)
                            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

A few weeks ago I was looking thru old photgraphy stuff and came across an old contact sheet with a pic of my old car and a friends GS in the back - a black and white negative that I never printed. It popped into hy head a couple days ago..... I have an enlarger. Why not set it up and simply take a picture of the image as an experiment? Then I realized... duh, its still going to be a negative image... I took the image, sent it to my phone, e mailed it to myself to get it on to my old Samsung phone that has a negative visual effect in its editing to flip it to a positive, back to my i phone for some twiddling, then to Flickr....
                              Yes, I know theres services for digitizing negatives, real editing programs, etc, but it was an interesting side track in using whats available. I have some color slides. May try a couple out... http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr

An old landscape image I took in PA.
                              http://Untitled by Glen Brenner, on Flickr
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Very cool, Glen. 2nd pic reminds me of an old strip mining hole where we used to swim, cliff dive, and party near when we were teenagers.

Both remind me of the bit of experimenting I did in the '90s with infrared B & W film. You've got me wanting to go back through my contact sheets and negs. I got rid of my enlarger long ago.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Working...
                                X