No announcement yet.

Seen any good movies lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was fun to see some of the correlation of some plot points between old and new, especially the sudden appearance of Admiral Cain (another gender swap there, the original was Lloyd Bridges, who pretty much played it the same way as his character in Airplane, if you can imagine) and the BS Pegasus. They did right to leave the chimp in the robot dagget suit in the 70s.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

When I was a kid, I wanted a Dagget.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Kung Fury, youtube... 1/2 hr long... hilarious
          -Mark
          Boston, MA
          Suck Squeeze Bang Blow..
          sigpic
          1980 GS850G with 79 carbs.....

Comment

Queen of Katwe with fine performances from Madina Nalwanga and David Oyelowo ( played MLK in Selma)
            Carol with Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
              Queen of Katwe with fine performances from Madina Nalwanga and David Oyelowo ( played MLK in Selma)
              Carol with Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara
              I really enjoyed Carol as well.
              Gorgeous to look at and top shelf acting.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Ex Machina. On netflix, not on you tube anymore though other than some short clips. Quite good!
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Ahhhhh.....don't watch this

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    Ahhhhh.....don't watch this

That is an AMAZING flim.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I also thought Florida Project was an excellent film. But I can understand it may not be everyone’s cup of tea.
                      Rich
                      1982 GS 750TZ
                      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        That is an AMAZING flim.
                        ??? Maybe tragic. Certainly depressing.
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                          ??? Maybe tragic. Certainly depressing.
                          It is an utterly vivid movie with gritty, real performances that break your heart into a million pieces.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

It is an utterly vivid movie with gritty, real performances that break your heart into a million pieces.
                            And I need that, why? LOL....
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              And I need that, why? LOL....
                              You're asking a classicist.

Tragedy is an essential component (in both our life and literature) that provides the opportunity for one to expand one’s perspectives on life, and also allows one to “test” oneself in order to see how much one is able to successfully achieve, or to be able to recognize the limit one is capable of achieving. In the process of realizing what consequential actions tragedy provides, one also is able to gain knowledge of the “opposites” and thus is able to further understand the depth of, and possibly further develop an appreciation for, what each opposing factor represents and provides to one’s life. Though the consequences of tragedy are not always pleasant (such as the ill-fated Oedipus who unconsciously fulfilled his own unfortunate fate and consequentially took out his own eyes as punishment), it also serves as a reminder to us on how it is essential that we still maintain hope, and that no matter what obstacles life may throw in our path, we must learn how to withstand, if not then at least how to deal with, the consequences so that the experience will in the end, be something that contributes to our development as our individual self as a human being amongst the happenings of this unpredictable earthly world.

https://esmancientgreeks.wordpress.c...of%20achieving.
                              Last edited by GS1150Pilot; 01-09-2021, 09:41 AM.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

You're asking a classicist.

Tragedy is an essential component (in both our life and literature) that provides the opportunity for one to expand one’s perspectives on life, and also allows one to “test” oneself in order to see how much one is able to successfully achieve, or to be able to recognize the limit one is capable of achieving. In the process of realizing what consequential actions tragedy provides, one also is able to gain knowledge of the “opposites” and thus is able to further understand the depth of, and possibly further develop an appreciation for, what each opposing factor represents and provides to one’s life. Though the consequences of tragedy are not always pleasant (such as the ill-fated Oedipus who unconsciously fulfilled his own unfortunate fate and consequentially took out his own eyes as punishment), it also serves as a reminder to us on how it is essential that we still maintain hope, and that no matter what obstacles life may throw in our path, we must learn how to withstand, if not then at least how to deal with, the consequences so that the experience will in the end, be something that contributes to our development as our individual self as a human being amongst the happenings of this unpredictable earthly world.

https://esmancientgreeks.wordpress.c...of%20achieving.
                                Much easier to be an eternal optimist....Far fewer tears...
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X