No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Dave Redman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday + 1 Redman! Hahah attention hog.... NOT!

I don't understand the whole decade reckoning thing... Maybe if I try to write it out it willy dawn on me?

Your first decade starts when you are born... You are alive after all, even when you're not any years old yet. Right, so first decade is 00, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09. When you're all those ages those are the first 10 years of your life. So, as soon as you hit 10, that begins the second 10 years of your life - 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19. And so on. I mean, that's the way it looks to me, but I do math on my fingers. Yet people say the second millennium didn't start until 2001. I can't seem to follow that.

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to say that you're over 2000 years old.
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
      Happy Birthday + 1 Redman! Hahah attention hog.... NOT!

I don't understand the whole decade reckoning thing... Maybe if I try to write it out it willy dawn on me?

Your first decade starts when you are born... You are alive after all, even when you're not any years old yet. Right, so first decade is 00, 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09. When you're all those ages those are the first 10 years of your life. So, as soon as you hit 10, that begins the second 10 years of your life - 10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19. And so on. I mean, that's the way it looks to me, but I do math on my fingers. Yet people say the second millennium didn't start until 2001. I can't seem to follow that.

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to say that you're over 2000 years old.
      I just had to look to see what was posted. Can't believe you are not sending him some fresh baked muffins.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Have a cold one Dave !
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

So at end of my 1st decade became 10 entering into 2nd decade.
          End of my 2nd decade I became 20 entering into 3rd decade. . . . .
          . . . .
          End of my 6th decade I was 60 and entered into 7th decade and that 7th decade includes 60-61-62-63-64-65-66-67-68-69.
          End of my 7th decade I would be 70,.....

So being my 69th birthday in a few days, will then be starting the last year of my 7th decade.

I think part of reason this is not readily apparent to me is that when I was in grade school (ah, 1950s and 60s) I learnt that our numbers are 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10. And the big sign in front of the room had 1 thru 10 on first row, 11 thru 20 on second row, 21 thru 30 on third row, and so on.
          ANd thirty years later (1980s & 90s), I saw that my kids learnt that our numbers are 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, which is more correct. and the big sign in front of room had 0 thru 9 on 1st row, 10 thru 19 on 2nd row, 20 thru 29 on 3rd row, and so on. But that is an entire other subject (that I could yack and yammer on about).

Hey, one benefit of listing my birthday as being the 1st (when is closer to txgiving) is that it prolongs the celebration, and comments a few days later are not really late. har har (So still open to more n-yuk n-yuk)

Thanks again all.
          Last edited by Redman; 11-02-2021, 11:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post

Have a cold one Dave !
            Have had a few that look like that recently.
            (Verners Diet Ginger Ale)
            Last edited by Redman; 11-02-2021, 11:28 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              I just had to look to see what was posted. Can't believe you are not sending him some fresh baked muffins.
              I can't believe how long it's been since I've baked. Sigh.
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Hey Dave

Congratulations on your birthday - glad to see that my wishes are not really late!

May your new year bring many great rides and adventures with family and friends!
                1981 GS850G "Blue Magic" (Bike Of The Month April 2009)

1981 GS1000G "Leo" (Bike Of The Month August 2023)

Comment

Happy Birthday Dave!
                  Marc
                  AIR COOLED MONSTERS NEVER DIE
                  1978 GS1000C X2
                  1978 GS1000E X2
                  1979 GS1000S
                  1979 gs1000
                  1983 gs400e

Comment

Happy belated birthday, Dave!

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! Good luck with blowing out the candles!!! ��
                    My wife and I were in a restaurant last week when the fire on a birthday cake jam-packed with candles almost got completely out of control. I don't know what they were thinking; there were at least 15 people at that table and one tiny cake stuffed with at least 50 candles that ended up covered in spit, wax, and ice water.

So yeah, when you reach a certain point in life, either get a cake big enough for all the candles, or just go with the numeral candles.

Hope you didn't set off any smoke alarms!
                    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                    X