No announcement yet.

Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercials for the SB are $6M this year. A fun watch...most of the time...some are head scratchers but there's a message in each ad.

I'm gonna look at the 2nd Qtr of the Chiefs Bengals game this weekend...for fun and review.

It's gonna be a Challenging guessing game as to which team (and their QB) will perform on this grand stage. Looking forward to it.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Known fact teams are gon'na have good & bad days. Hopefully on SB Sunday both will be somewhat equal. Now... trying to "guess" if one will have an off or on day will have more to do with luck than reasoning. Wishing the SB can be close to as exciting to watch game as this yrs. play-off's were.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Known fact teams are gon'na have good & bad days. Hopefully on SB Sunday both will be somewhat equal. Now... trying to "guess" if one will have an off or on day will have more to do with luck than reasoning. Wishing the SB can be close to as exciting to watch game as this yrs. play-off's were.
        I have SB I thru XXX on DVD...

with that being said, it was SB XVI with Niners playing the Bengals in BOTH their first SB appearances. Bill Walsh apparently dressed up as a bell hop at the hotel and helped the players with their luggage.

The Niners seemed relaxed whereas the Bengals under Forrest Gregg were tense and it showed through their coach.

So, basically which ever team is as cool as a cucumber should do well.

"Hey "H", you see that guy up there?...that's John Candy eating some popcorn", said Joe Montana...and the next thing, Joe was leading them to a long drive that resulted in a TD.

I'm hoping for a hard fought match up...and SB commercials to break the halftime show. Should be a good time!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hope for a couple of interesting commercials, like some of the Bud clydesdales from a few yrs. ago...I couldn't care less about the half time, just wish it didn't last so long.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
            Hope for a couple of interesting commercials, like some of the Bud clydesdales from a few yrs. ago...I couldn't care less about the half time, just wish it didn't last so long.
            You don't wanna see a "wardrobe malfunction" that people have not let go of???

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Super Sunday Thoughts - Feb 13, 2022

Just I thought I had last night/this morning...

All the players from both Cincy Teams that were in their losing SBs (XVI & XXIII) have got to be in Team Meetings leading up to this Super Sunday with this younger generation of players.

HOF player Tony Munoz comes to mind...the influence/impact/mentorship his words would have on this 2021 team.

I would imagine Tony saying to "just have fun" but "know what task lies ahead of you."

This would be Cincinnati's first ever Super Bowl victory with the youngest tenured QB ever to appear in a SB, if they could pull it off.

I sound like I'm picking the Bengals and it is a possibility that I may do that...

The Rams, on the other hand...have been to this dance as the LA Rams (2019 & 1980) with most recent loss to the Patriots in SB LIII, the lowest scoring SB ever.

I can vaugely remember the SB of 1980...just that I was mad at the Steelers for beating my team.

So, both organizations have appeared in SBs before...one winning in Y2K (As St Louis Rams) with that infamous defensive play preventing Titans player from getting into the end zone, and the other never tasting victory.

Shall I dare say...who wants this more?

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-05-2022, 08:33 AM.
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I remember that day, Titans, I think Kevin Dyson, stopped on the 1/2 yrd. line on last play of the game. 20 yrs. ago???, It don't even seem the Titans have been here that long. But don't seem I'm as old as I am either. Not picking but probably pulling for Bengals, Hoping it's time for them & their young QB.

Comment

Speaking of football - a little late but a friend sent me this, got a chuckle. Rob S will like I bet...

Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
                  '79 GS100E
                  Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

TB lost twice to the Giants and once to the Eagles.

Joe Montana is 4-0 in SBs....never lost and batting 1000.

TB has been to the show more often but still has 7 rings. He has tasted defeat in the biggest show...but 7 rings is unheard of for the NFL.

Ed
                    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-05-2022, 06:15 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Second Qtr of the Bengals/Chiefs game...

Bengals need to practice their "screen plays", poor Joe Burrow had to throw the ball in the ground and get sacked because of a busted play.

Mahomes made a bad decision to pass the ball behind the line of scrimmage with 5 seconds left and no time outs inside Bengals 5. He even indicated a time out request after the play not remembering they were out of time outs.

Chiefs got the ball in the second half kickoff but went three and out.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Bengals drive with 5:49 remaining in the 3rd Qtr is amazing. Burrow should have been sacked but found an open receiver and threw on the run. Bengals allowed a sack at Chiefs 15 and then salvaged the drive with a FG.

21-13 Chiefs.

I'm really looking at the line on both sides of the ball.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

OMG, I forgot Mahomes threw an INT to lineman Hill #92...only 2nd INT by Mahomes overall at home in the Playoffs.

TD, Burrow to Chase...on 3rd and goal.

Bengals went for 2 and got it!

21-21

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Burrow throws an INT at the beginning of the 4th Qtr.

Chiefs offense is not able to take advantage...allow a sack on 3rd down.

Burrow almost threw an INT on the run...his first noticeable bad decision.

Then he runs for the 1st down on the next play.

Looks like he didn't have time to dwell on his bad decision.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Ed, you're cracking me up...LOL...

I love football, so I watched the playoff games, and I'll tune in for the SB....

But you are taking things to a new level....Ha! Enjoy...
                              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Thanks Bob.

I'm an NFL nut...reviewing and putting my thoughts together.

The world could be collapsing and I'd be talking about Conference Finals.

Back to the game...

Friggin' Mahomes! It looks like he fudged this game in the second half. 3rd and goal and you take a 10 yard sack...and make your kicker, kick a longer FG.

Game tied at end of regulation.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X