X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    Nice....Don't let my wife see it...
    LOLOLOLOL!!!

Dude, you don't even want to know how much we spent...but it is space well utilized compared to what we had before.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

"The Rams REALLY wanted this Win...and it showed. With Stafford's Final Drive...regardless of what people may say that penalties gave the Rams the win...they still wanted it more."

Why is this even an issue when the refs clearly gave the Bengals a 75 yard TD earlier? That's not even disputed in Cincinnatti. Just evened it out even if the Rams were helped at the end. The game is played for 60 minutes, not just the last 2.

Comment

Analysis

Originally posted by wymple View Post
        "The Rams REALLY wanted this Win...and it showed. With Stafford's Final Drive...regardless of what people may say that penalties gave the Rams the win...they still wanted it more."

Why is this even an issue when the refs clearly gave the Bengals a 75 yard TD earlier? That's not even disputed in Cincinnatti. Just evened it out even if the Rams were helped at the end. The game is played for 60 minutes, not just the last 2.
        That doesn't take into account the Rams final drive came with under 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter.

4th and 1 on the Rams side of the 30 yard line and the ball is handed off to Cooper Kupp to get the must needed 1st down. This helped continue the drive with successful passes and limited rushes.

Plays inside the opposition's 20 yard line with less than 2 minutes are always scrutinized.

Many teams have experienced calls that either benefit or put them at a disadvantage.

The team with the disadvantage is still given a chance to overcome their situation...albeit, the chances for success are low...it's still a chance.

There have been times where I felt the game was given away in the last 2 minutes (in this case I don't believe it was) and it was a disappointment that caused:

"undue heartache"

That is why I decided not to get to a point where sporting outcomes cause me any undue stress.

I would have been happy for Cincy & Burrow being the first player to accomplish 3 milestones within the same amount of years:

-Win a National Championship
        -Win the Heisman Trophy
        -Win a Super Bowl

2 out of 3 is quite an accomplishment.

Instead, it was (in a cliche') "A Team Effort" by the LA Rams FTW!

That's how I'm going to remember this game.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-17-2022, 03:12 PM.
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          Nice....Don't let my wife see it...
          I'm going to (er...might) show mine, as we've just commissioned a new coffee bar/storage/pantry area for our apartment, and Ed's Kitchen has some similar elements. She has enough sense to know this isn't the right time for a complete overhaul.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Here's the biggest section of backsplash seated. Tech is coming back tomorrow to grout and seat the other corners

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Sure had fun on Sunday. This little one made it really hard to watch the game though, LOL.
              Odell Beckham may have a 38" vertical jump, but can he do that for an hour straight?

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ed, that's a pretty snazzy place you've got. You'd definitely have to lower your standards to live in my neighborhood. LOL

I'm working on a backsplash for a customer three block from my house. They wanted to keep the existing tile counter tops and 2" backsplash. Tile was ordered online from somewhere in Spain. With the relief in this tile I'll have to be careful with the grout. Maybe use a cake decorator type grout bag.

Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A
                Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I just woke up from a post-colonoscopy nap.

Nice work Roger!

The guy doing the tile seating is over 65...he's doing a great job! A couple of tiles were out of alignment though...my son-in-law (currently studying to be an architect) spotted some tiles which weren't laying flush. When I pointed out, his explanation: sometimes the cement expands causing the tile to stick out. I told my SIL and he rolled his eyes and said, it was like the when he departed. lol

He came in today and fixed them...I also found a couple more spots on the corner backsplash. It's very tedious work and takes lots of patience. We are going to inspect VERY well because once it's done...it's DONE!

I'm trying to review the play from the Cincy side that many fans were upset was called just before Burrow got sacked. If it was the running play where Aaron Donald stopped the runner and caused a fourth down, that was Donald's best play to get around the offensive lineman and wrap his arms around the runner to prevent him from falling forward.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                    I just woke up from a post-colonoscopy nap.

The guy is over 65...he's doing a great job! A couple of tiles were out of alignment though...my son-in-law spotted some tiles which weren't laying flush.
                    Yeah, that propofol is some knock out punch! I don't remember a thing from mine, but I was under the impression it was a one man job. So your son in law had his head up in there too? I've heard some sons in law are like that.

Out of alignment tiles...is that like internal shingles? All of a sudden, what I once heard in a restaurant now makes sense: "Give that man the soft chair...his tiles don't lay flush."

At least it happened in the off season! How soon can you get back to Sportsball training?
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                      Yeah, that propofol is some knock out punch! I don't remember a thing from mine, but I was under the impression it was a one man job. So your son in law had his head up in there too? I've heard some sons in law are like that.
                      The lady who induced me called it a sedative. I just remember her saying, "sleep tight!" lol

Son-in-law is ready to move out, I'm sure. Daughter loves living at home keeping her mother happy (and me too). Both are going to school via "Zoom", SIL an Architectural Design Degree and our youngest daughter a "Vet Tech". It's great she is going to school and working part-time at the local Brandywine SPCA.

Out of alignment tiles...is that like internal shingles? All of a sudden, what I once heard in a restaurant now makes sense: "Give that man the soft chair...his tiles don't lay flush."

At least it happened in the off season! How soon can you get back to Sportsball training?
                      I didn't take a pic but you can imagine an uneven tile surface. No shingle problems for this guy (thank God!). I can't imagine what it's like going out to dinner with you, Rob! LOL

Here's this morning's start up job. He's fixing the tiles in question then grouting. Should be a 4hr job.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-19-2022, 10:46 AM.
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Backsplash completed!

Now, as for a week later from the SB, I'm seeing all these incidents involving players...like the girl who fell taking pics...now, Stafford is a jerk.

Burrow thought the Rams hired "The Rock" when he saw him intro-ing the game. I guess he liked his shoes.

Arnold is contemplating retirement and discussing with Rams Coach his expectations.

There's also a video of the speech Rams Coach gave the offense before their final drive.

Even Chris Collinsworth said the Rams final drive was historic.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          Backsplash completed!

Now...a week later from the SB...ED
                          What do we do now?
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

What do we do now?
                            Keep busy with projects...

I just installed sequential turn signals on my Tacoma TRD Sport.

We have a final payment for the backsplash completion. There's some tid-bits that need attention in our kitchen. I'll have to get with the field manager to get a date for completion.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 02-22-2022, 10:41 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Photos attached of Sequential Turn signal install on posts #373.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Whatcha guys doing this weekend? It's my wife's bday tomorrow so we're going to Chincoteague, VA for overnighter. It's a quaint little town about 110 miles south of us. Famous for wild horses!

We've been before but just for just a day trip. Got my wife flowers again...remember it was Valentine's Day just a couple of weeks ago. Next month is our 32nd wedding anniversary...so it's a busy couple of months!

I still haven't cut off xFinity...but it's on my "To Do List". LOL

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X