Good football game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Now Ed's going to go back and analyze all 389 posts on this subject...
    What's the over/under?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Now Ed's going to go back and analyze all 389 posts on this subject...
      Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
      What's the over/under?
      I love you guys...thanks for caring! lol

GSR brethren...thanks for keeping this thread alive!

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post

Ed

Why not? Preseason is right around the corner.....
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

What a nice little thread you've got yourself here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it.

Let me help you protect it. Don't think of it as extortion. Consider it an insurance policy.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
            What a nice little thread you've got yourself here. Be a shame if anything were to happen to it.

Let me help you protect it. Don't think of it as extortion. Consider it an insurance policy.
            I like you, Rob.

Ed

GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

ED, hang on, relief is on the way, I just heard April 16th, USFL Sportsball season to begin...
              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                ED, hang on, relief is on the way, I just heard April 16th, USFL Sportsball season to begin...
                I remember the first time the USFL started...I couldn't get into it.

I remember Hershel Walker & Steve Young being part of that group.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Your choice psychiatrist, psychologist, or USFL
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Your choice psychiatrist, psychologist, or USFL
                    I just received my xFinity bill and see the price has gone up!

Did I mention I was deleting cable TV and just doing internet? (I'm still working on making the phone call but need to sit down and do it)

I'm to hip on how to watch sports just using modem/internet.

Did I mention while living in Europe (England/Germany/Italy) I did not watch live US sports because of the time difference?

I did it before, I'll do it again...just at a later stage in my life.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-06-2022, 10:56 PM.
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

When you call to cancel your cable TV service. They'll give you a deal you can't refuse. That's what they did when I tried to cancel XM radio in my truck.
                      I don't have cable TV. I tried to get it once. They said I had two cable boxes still out. I have no idea where they're at. It's been over 20 years ago... Oh well, I don't watch much television anyway.
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Me too, A few yrs. back . I called & canceled my "Dish" TV when it topped $100 pr. mo...They called me within a couple of days & asked if I would keep it on if they gave me the same package for $75. It really made me feel good to say If you'd already been selling it to me for $75 instead of $100, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Yes both TV & phone will usually find a better deal for you if you threaten to cancel them , It really erks me that they won't just give us the better deal to begin with.

Comment

I'm to hip on how to watch sports just using modem/internet.

Ed

DAZN is a service you might want to look into
                          '83 GS650G
                          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

When you call to cancel your cable TV service. They'll give you a deal you can't refuse. That's what they did when I tried to cancel XM radio in my truck.
                            I don't have cable TV. I tried to get it once. They said I had two cable boxes still out. I have no idea where they're at. It's been over 20 years ago... Oh well, I don't watch much television anyway.
                            I called about 6 months ago with a forecast plan to just have internet. The Customer Service Rep immediately questioned my logic. I expected that. There was some frustration as to not being able to convince me with a better offer...even though I had not pulled the trigger yet.

I just need to verify the modem my son-in-law provided to us, works so I can return their modem and all their cable TV equipment and just pay for the internet service. It's still gonna be over $100 but the new bill went from $190 to $224 (I have Select+ More & HBO). The equipment fee is $31 ($17 TV Box + 2 remotes + Modem $14)

Should have done this a long time ago but I was just putting it off.

Me too, A few yrs. back . I called & canceled my "Dish" TV when it topped $100 pr. mo...They called me within a couple of days & asked if I would keep it on if they gave me the same package for $75. It really made me feel good to say If you'd already been selling it to me for $75 instead of $100, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Yes both TV & phone will usually find a better deal for you if you threaten to cancel them , It really erks me that they won't just give us the better deal to begin with.
                            You gotta fight for everything these days!

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                            DAZN is a service you might want to look into
                            Cool!

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-07-2022, 04:21 PM.
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

I think I'm paying about $240 for tv and Internet, phone is separate. I would expect those 'offers you can't refuse' to last only a few months.

Comment

Well, I recently visited the xFinity Store here in Dover and talked to the Rep. I explained that I wanted to return the modem and verify if the already purchased modem I have from my son-in-law is compatible. The guy looked the the mbps and said, you're paying for 900 and your modem is 680, "You're short changing yourself".

I ran an internet speed check on google--type "internet speed test" with these results: 439.3 Mbps Download & 22.6 Upload

Internet Speed Is Very Fast

I just have to pull the xFinity modem and install the NetGear modem. Which means troubleshooting to make the connectivity a seamless transition. I don't want to troubleshoot and that's probably why I'm delaying this...lol!

I'll get it sorted...because when complete, my xFinity bill should drop from $195 (Cable/Internet) to about $100 (Internet Only).

Goodbye cable TV and HBO. It was nice having you but now it's time to let you go.

Ed

GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X