Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wyly View Post
    sure but the UN meeting will be edited so his is the only s h i t t e the home audience in Russia will see.
    Well, that's only for television. The Russian 'home audience' still has relatively unfettered access to the internet.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
      Swiss have adopted the EU sanctions thus ummm not being neutral.
      They know what side their bread is buttered on.
      ---- Dave
      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

As a fellow seaman I say right on !

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          Their loyalty will always go to the highest bidder.

Did everybody see Putin "dressing down" his spy chief the other day? Someone please post a clip of it. I can't recall ever seeing a more frightened man.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Who's afraid of Vlad?

One of the Russia’s top spy chiefs was pressed by President Vladimir Putin to clarify what he was saying and to speak clearly, in a meeting on the recognitio...

Why was this man so afraid? He was acting almost as if he thought Putin could harm him or his family.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
              They know which side of the cracker the caviar sticks to best.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the Russian people react to this ..... If it were a true democracy there is no way Putin could survive this ..... He'd be out on his keester ..... Russia is in some serious economic doggy doo doo, not to mention sealed off from the rest of the world ..... Kicked out of just about every sporting event not to mention unable to travel anywhere ...... Not that I know the man but he doesn't seem the type to accept defeat ..... There has never been a revolution in history that hasn't had the support of the military ...... I wonder if there are any pi$$ed off Generals ?
                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Russia fell and we found out that the people really where not who we thought they where a few years later. Same with Muslims, same with Cubans, same with one heck of a whole lot of other groups of people. Remember, you only know what you know based on the information given and/or allowed to be processed in your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                    Russia fell and we found out that the people really where not who we thought they where a few years later. Same with Muslims, same with Cubans, same with one heck of a whole lot of other groups of people. Remember, you only know what you know based on the information given and/or allowed to be processed in your mind.
                    I was just going to say something similar....the fast-forging of opinions in war can make very brittle arguments. And,the world at large has drawn some very telling comparisons to recent wars where the so-called "west" is perceived as happy to indulge in, or ignore, the destruction of non-aryans, if you'll excuse the hyperbole....

But the undenied incursion of Russian tanks on the streets of a sovereign nation is the salient point. If there was an over-arching reason to invade, nobody has discovered it.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                      As a fellow seaman I say right on !

meh.We differ on this. This kind of fluff annoys me... Waste of a pretty ship. and more Trouble for the fish . If he'd commandeered it as a hospital ship for refugees or the like, I would be impressed. ...I suppose it won't be an insurance claim if it's an act of war? But it probably won't be if the owner's got good lawyers and he likely does.)

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                        If it were a true democracy there is no way Putin could survive this ..... He'd be out on his keester
                        Are you serious?!? "If it were a true democracy" ? It's not even a fake democracy. It is in no way even distantly related to a democracy. I don't think even Putin himself would claim he's a democratic leader, or the leader of a democratic country.

Russia is about as democratic as the Democratic Republic of Congo, or The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, or The People's Republic of China. Or the U.S.S.R.

"Elections? Sure, we've got elections!" The Soviet Union famously had elections, and Russia still has elections today. Nothing in the least to do with democracy, though. Come on. You know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Are you serious?!? "If it were a true democracy" ? It's not even a fake democracy. It is in no way even distantly related to a democracy. I don't think even Putin himself would claim he's a democratic leader, or the leader of a democratic country.

Russia is about as democratic as the Democratic Republic of Congo, or The Democratic People's Republic of Korea, or The People's Republic of China. Or the U.S.S.R.

"Elections? Sure, we've got elections!" The Soviet Union famously had elections, and Russia still has elections today. Nothing in the least to do with democracy, though. Come on. You know that.
                          What color do you want your model t
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Nothing in my post implied that Russia was a democracy ..... That's why I threw in the word " If " ...... My premise was in a country where the election results choose who the leader is there is no way a leader could maintain power with all the economic sh!t they are in ...... My personal opinion is that unless Putin pi$$es off the military he ain't going anywhere ......
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

@rob he did say "if"...anyways it's not exactly true. That Putin the Poisoner has to sneak around with vials to off an "opposition party"member inclines me to believe me that the Tower of Power has loose bricks at the bottom.

It's an entirely wild sidebar but the knee-jerk demonisation of "non-democracies" is a minefield.
                              Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-01-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Can someone please point to a country that uses a democratic form of governance? They'd need to have a populous that's far more emotionally mature than the participants here in order to function.

Comment

Working...
                                X