Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
    The US "tattletale" tactic is pretty interesting.

We're not going to send in the US military, but we're not going to leave any room for surprises. pretexts, or excuses other than "Vlad wants this territory, and doesn't care how many people die".

Much quieter is the massive amount of assistance from Western nations in place; supplies, materials, weapons, and of course intelligence.
    The west/NATO is not going risk war with Russia but exposing everything Putin is doing does shape world opinion against Russia as blatant and unprovoked aggression.

Supplying Ukraine with means to bloody Putin's forces won't help him at home when body bags start coming home.
    1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

They should call up Afghanistan recruit a few Mujahadeen.
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        it now seems as if the russians are just manipulating markets and milking the profits from their policy swings.
        That's been my position from the beginning, an invasion of Ukraine would have a detrimental effect on the Russian economy in the short term with no payback in the longer term.

Originally posted by wyly View Post
        Weather for next two weeks looks good, light rain Monday/Tuesday.
        Warmer weather isn't the thing you want when you're moving heavy equipment over frozen ground or even frozen roads for that matter. Most of what I've been reading this last week is saying he's already passed the window for pulling off a successful invsion this year when taken from a purely logistical perspective. In about 3-4 weeks most of eastern Ukraine will become bog mashes.
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
        1982 GS450txz (former bike)
        LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
          The US "tattletale" tactic is pretty interesting.

We're not going to send in the US military, but we're not going to leave any room for surprises. pretexts, or excuses other than "Vlad wants this territory, and doesn't care how many people die".

Much quieter is the massive amount of assistance from Western nations in place; supplies, materials, weapons, and of course intelligence.
          I agree, plus certainly we agree about the massive amounts of intelligence provided here in the vortex.
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Warmer weather isn't the thing you want when you're moving heavy equipment over frozen ground or even frozen roads for that matter. Most of what I've been reading this last week is saying he's already passed the window for pulling off a successful invsion this year when taken from a purely logistical perspective. In about 3-4 weeks most of eastern Ukraine will become bog mashes.
            I'm reminded of all the videos on utube showing WW2 vintage T-34 tanks pulled out of old bogs. Seems like what's old is still new.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

That's been my position from the beginning, an invasion of Ukraine would have a detrimental effect on the Russian economy in the short term with no payback in the longer term.

The Putin has assembled what his generals have assured him is an overwhelming force and will have all taken their objects in 3-4 weeks. Olympics are over today, expect the invasion as soon as tomorrow morning.

The only thing that will save the Ukraine is if they have the resolve and capability to surprise the invaders. Invasion needs to be costly and bloody to a point where it's not in Russia's interest to remain.

International sanctions need to bite hard to have any effect, turning Russia into a bigger version of North Korea.

Comment

International sanctions need to bite hard to have any effect, turning Russia into a bigger version of North Korea.
                This would be the "simplest" way to do it, cut them off from this system:

Of course about 1/3 of Europe's natural gas is imported from Russia and if they stop feeding the pipeline due to not getting paid things would suck continent wide.
                1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                  I agree, plus certainly we agree about the massive amounts of intelligence provided here in the vortex.
                  Do you think we have a Mole in the house?
                  97 R1100R
                  Previous
                  80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

This would be the "simplest" way to do it, cut them off from this system:

Of course about 1/3 of Europe's natural gas is imported from Russia and if they stop feeding the pipeline due to not getting paid things would suck continent wide.
                    It won't happen the Germans have caved already.
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Russian stock market down 12% this morning .... That ain't going to please the Oligarchs who keep Putin in there ..... Ruble taking a beating too and as Russian manufacturing is pretty much sweet fuddle duddle all consumer prices are about to take a rise for Joe Sixvodka .......
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Satellite photo's and eye witness accounts on the Russia side of the border reveal the troops are on the move and nearing the Ukraine border. Invasion is imminent.

Comment

Gee .... I wonder what he'll decide ? ......
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            Gee .... I wonder what he'll decide ? ......
                            https://www.reuters.com/markets/euro...ne-2022-02-21/
                            Putin has worked himself into a box, he can't back down. Early evening in Ukraine so it's not happening today, initial attacks will come in the dark of early morning hours.

Comment

Putin has worked himself into a box, he can't back down. Early evening in Ukraine so it's not happening today, initial attacks will come in the dark of early morning hours.
                              Can't back down? Do you have any ability to reason? Its the same nonsense spewed by wannabe historians about the start of the great war. Germany absolutely could have said no way back then and Vladimir can certainly say no now.

Inevitability is a notion for stupid people to feel relieved of responsibility.
                              1983 GS 550 LD
                              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
                                A "relic"? Perhaps, but as a game player he ranks as excellent...
                                Looks more to me like he's boxed himself in with a bunch of bad options, and no good ones.
                                '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Working...
                                X