Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    The US President is being criticized for saying " Putin's gotta go " .... Sheesh . All he did was say what everybody in the world is thinking { Well everybody but FOX News } .....
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim...h=7029f3a7399c
    Yeah, the world is upside down because of one psycho with whims of grandeur and the inclination to make any country expendable in order to pursue his goals. It's glaringly obvious that no country in the world wants or needs this. China continues to play the fence walking game, but they absolutely know their "chips" and future rests on shores beyond Putin's. The only negative possibility I see with Putin being replaced is that his successor could be worse..
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The news services continue beating to death what may have been meant by Biden's comment about Putin being out of power and ignores Soviet escalation of the war with use of phosphorous bombs/munitions against the Ukraine population.

Here’s What Russia in Ukraine Did While You Were All Squabbling Over Biden’s ‘Attack’ on Putin

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...160412218.htm

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
        ...The only negative possibility I see with Putin being replaced is that his successor could be worse..
        Agreed.

As ever it's impossible to tell what's really going on in the Kremlin right now, but there are credible reports that an awful lot of purging is going on in leadership and in the military.

I suspect anyone in a position to step in has a very poor life expectancy, and it's going to get very dangerously chaotic. These are the conditions for an even worse "stongman" dictator to emerge. Or maybe a beloved comedian will come to power. Hard to tell these days.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

This is the best itinerary over the past years I have read and it fills in a lot of question-mark spaces between the lines of why wer are where we are.
          The making of Vladimir Putin.

Comment

It's theoretically 'safer' for Russian dissidents if (when) they get arrested, vis-a-vis 'colluding' with Biden or any foreigner for regime change. Not that it makes a difference.

Can you believe what they did to Navalny? Another 7 years in prison (or was it 9?).

And we all know why he was sentenced to additional time: because his current sentence was soon to expire. It makes me admire Zelenskyy's bravery even more.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Putin kind of blew his timing on this .... If he'd gone in there two years ago when the Orange Haired Tantrum Throwing Child King was around NATO { and the rest of the world } wouldn't be anywhere near this united . And I suspect he wouldn't have put on any significant sanctions either .....
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Putin eyeing "Korean scenario" for Ukraine, says Ukrainian military intel chief

From CNN's Andrew Carey and Yulia Kesaieva in Lviv

Ukraine’s military intelligence head says Russian President Vladimir Putin could be looking to carve Ukraine in two – like North and South Korea.

Brig. Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the head of Ukraine's Defense Intelligence Agency, said Russia’s operations around Kyiv had failed and it was now impossible for the Russian army to overthrow the Ukrainian government. Putin’s war was now focused on the south and the east of the country, he said.

“There is reason to believe that he is considering a 'Korean' scenario for Ukraine. That is, [Russian forces] will try to impose a dividing line between the unoccupied and occupied regions of our country. In fact, it is an attempt to create North and South Korea in Ukraine.”

Budanov said Russia remained intent on establishing a land corridor from the Russian border to Crimea, and said he expected to see an attempt to unite Russian-occupied territories into a single entity.

“We are already seeing attempts to create "parallel" authorities in the occupied territories and to force people to give up [the Ukrainian] currency,” Budanov said, adding that he expected Ukrainians to resist Russia’s political efforts
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

How and when will Putin exit office?
                  Die in office and be enshrined like Stalin?
                  Die in office and followed by a weak temporary like Andropov after Brezhnev?
                  Pushed out by a younger strong man?
                  Assassinated while in office?
                  Can Russia ever achieve a functioning democracy with shared power?
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    Putin eyeing "Korean scenario" for Ukraine, says Ukrainian military intel chief

From CNN's Andrew Carey and Yulia Kesaieva in Lviv

Ukraine’s military intelligence head says Russian President Vladimir Putin could be looking to carve Ukraine in two – like North and South Korea.

Brig. Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the head of Ukraine's Defense Intelligence Agency, said Russia’s operations around Kyiv had failed and it was now impossible for the Russian army to overthrow the Ukrainian government. Putin’s war was now focused on the south and the east of the country, he said.

“There is reason to believe that he is considering a 'Korean' scenario for Ukraine. That is, [Russian forces] will try to impose a dividing line between the unoccupied and occupied regions of our country. In fact, it is an attempt to create North and South Korea in Ukraine.”

Budanov said Russia remained intent on establishing a land corridor from the Russian border to Crimea, and said he expected to see an attempt to unite Russian-occupied territories into a single entity.

“We are already seeing attempts to create "parallel" authorities in the occupied territories and to force people to give up [the Ukrainian] currency,” Budanov said, adding that he expected Ukrainians to resist Russia’s political efforts
                    Greedily trying to grab the shoreline to Crimea is a REAL nogo,imo, even strategically with all those Angry Ukranians shut off from Beach Access But None of that is news to anyone except perhaps both sides are saying it out loud versus the wild shrieking about "nazis" and the like.

Too bad they can't devolve to the friendly Naval Base lease and UN supervised vote....something better than Guantanamo Not likely now, I fear

The "Korea" inference -ah,sure, I guess, but there's plenty of partitions past (and future-Iraq comes to mind) and they aren't all "Koreas"...Not that I'd be for it if i were Ukranian. I still want Alaska, Washington and Oregon. I'm massing my beavers and geese now....

Comment

Looks like Vlad is fighting back seizing a few assets on Russian soil ..... Mind you no Russian airline will ever be able to lease a jet again as a result of it ......
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Reminds me of the '73 Arab - Israeli war. 'Oops, now that we're starting to lose, time for a truce!'

A real man of peace, that Putin. A genuine humanitarian.
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The news media reporting, particularly on the main online sources, bounce from one story claiming this and then another story claiming that?

one giving hope for an end and russian forces are depleted, another story saying Russian forces are large and in charge and on the attack..
                          nother story saying their retreating and turning on each others?

Russian currency is taking a big hit....another story explaining how putins got Russian economy in check and doing fine?

hope it overy soon

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                            The news media reporting, particularly on the main online sources, bounce from one story claiming this and then another story claiming that?

one giving hope for an end and russian forces are depleted, another story saying Russian forces are large and in charge and on the attack..
                            nother story saying their retreating and turning on each others?

Russian currency is taking a big hit....another story explaining how putins got Russian economy in check and doing fine?

hope it overy soon
                            These are pretty easy stories to check ..... The ruble trades on an international market and is taking a sh!t kicking and the Russian stock market { Moscow Stock Exchange or M.S.E. } is down 40% ...... Putin can claim whatever he likes but facts are facts ...... If yours { or my } market was down that much you likely wouldn't have a job right now and my retirement investments would be in the toilet ..... As for what's happening in the war you have a choice between believing what NATO is telling you or what Putin is telling you .... I don't really have a hard time picking which one is telling the truth ......

And then there is the supply chain issue . We in the west are having problems with the supply chain . In Russia we eliminated that for them . We cut off the supply so their chain is irrelevant . In short their economy is fuddle duddled six ways to Sunday ......
                            Last edited by bccap; 03-30-2022, 11:47 AM.
                            1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post

These are pretty easy stories to check ..... The ruble trades on an international market and is taking a sh!t kicking and the Russian stock market { Moscow Stock Exchange or M.S.E. } is down 40% ...... Putin can claim whatever he likes but facts are facts ...... If yours { or my } market was down that much you likely wouldn't have a job right now and my retirement investments would be in the toilet ..... As for what's happening in the war you have a choice between believing what NATO is telling you or what Putin is telling you .... I don't really have a hard time picking which one is telling the truth ......

And then there is the supply chain issue . We in the west are having problems with the supply chain . In Russia we eliminated that for them . We cut off the supply so their chain is irrelevant . In short their economy is fuddle duddled six ways to Sunday ......
                              Appreciate the post bccap, as always.

These stories I speak of..articles...are coming from ....U.S. news outlets.....and mostly just from two...I think it's some kind of journalists game???

Not some overseas sidewinder back peddling soap box .

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post

Appreciate the post bccap, as always.

These stories I speak of..articles...are coming from ....U.S. news outlets.....and mostly just from two...I think it's some kind of journalists game???

Not some overseas sidewinder back peddling soap box .
                                So what two? The NY Times, and NPR I'll bet...
                                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Working...
                                X