I love my old truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my old truck.

I bought this 1996 GMC almost 10 years ago....it had 207,000kms on it and now has 298,000kms...I paid $3,200 for it. Everything in it works, including A/C, power windows and seats...
    It has been very low maintenance until the last year....I have spent some money...my wife has suggested something newer...but I would never buy a brand new truck...and to buy a used truck for say $20,000 it's a crap shoot at best.
    We are fortunate here with the winters not being hard on vehicles.
    A couple of months ago I decided to spruce it up a bit with getting the rimes painted and ordered some GMC centre caps...I think it looks great!
    It's funny...I have had many younger guys asking if I would sell it...and with crazy truck prices I could probably get double what I paid for it...lol
    I take very good care of it,
    any of you guys have old trucks?

No signature

Good looking truck trev, I've had two chevys and one GMC over the years and had great luck with all of them.

88 GMC I Had , bought from a farmer and it was well used ,lot of miles..had a real solid feel to it...regular cab.

02 chevy, was a great truck z71, never did anything to it.

2013 chevy I now have is turning out to be great truck also..have neighbor who is a Ford man. And I drove a Ford truck at work for years..also great truck...can't leave dodge out either..have another neighbor that loves them.

Friend has a 1995 that looks a lot like your truck trev, I was with him when fuel pump went out 35 miles from home...
    Guy that towed it for us said it was better truck than newer trucks and he'd buy it if friend didn't want to fix it..LOL.

Wrecker driver said he tows more newer trucks tha older ones

Comment

Oh, I was expecting something about "old" trucks. I'm still driving my "99" Dodge Ram & just got rid of my "98" Toyota Tacoma a couple of yrs. ago due to a crash, neighbor has it & still driving it daily. I was expecting something , about "old" trucks i.e. my old "66" Chevy C10 or my "69" Ford Ranger. "96" & "88" just seem kind'f middle aged.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
        Oh, I was expecting something about "old" trucks. I'm still driving my "99" Dodge Ram & just got rid of my "98" Toyota Tacoma a couple of yrs. ago due to a crash, neighbor has it & still driving it daily. I was expecting something , about "old" trucks i.e. my old "66" Chevy C10 or my "69" Ford Ranger. "96" & "88" just seem kind'f middle aged.
        Lol...I thought I would hear that comment...my truck is 26 years old...which of course is still technically old....but not like we think of as old guys as an old truck....make sense? Lol
        No signature

Comment

Well if it counts , my very first truck I bought at age fifteen for $350 bucks off of another kid...had blown head gasket..
          Was a 69 ford 3/4 ton with a 390 motor...I think..talk about a tank...I drove it for six month with seven year old plates that were left on it when I bought it...lol

Never got pulled over in it.

Comment

I like the paint and wheels on it! The dream is to own a old toyota truck one day but the prices on those are insane.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Bikes:
            2016 Suzuki TU250X (Daily/Commuter)
            1982 Suzuki GS750T (Project)
            1979 Suzuki GS750 (in pieces)

Cage:
            2005 Subaru WRX Wagon sh*t box

Comment

None or these are old. I have 2 squarebodies, a 76 Chevy and an 81 Chevy. They aren't that "old". 40s, 50s, 60s, those would be old.

Comment

My old truck. 99 Caravan, about 215000 miles. It started it's life down in Alabama so that's probably why it isn't just a pile of rust yet. That dent in the front is from a great big buck that dropped his head and tried to ram me off the road. Hit and run.

Looks like a mess but I can usually find what I need.

Hmmm. I should probably check the oil.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

937BAA1B-4D85-4176-A214-D0ABEE0B2B03.jpgI have had this 1987 GMC V2500 4x4 since 1997. I had it painted in 2000 and it looks pretty much like this today. It was a Florida truck and I keep it garaged. It has a 350 in it now and I have a 454 in the garage, just need some time to put it in.
                  1982 GS1000S Katana
                  1982 GS1100E

Comment

40433A3A-B7D3-477F-BAA6-5A5E815CDC2A.jpgI pulled the engine from a 1991 RV, replaced the top end gaskets and cleaned it up
                    Last edited by pano; 02-07-2022, 09:39 PM.
                    1982 GS1000S Katana
                    1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by pano View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]63827[/ATTACH]I have had this 1987 GMC V2500 4x4 since 1997. I had it painted in 2000 and it looks pretty much like this today. It was a Florida truck and I keep it garaged. It has a 350 in it now and I have a 454 in the garage, just need some time to put it in.
                      Real nice looking truck!
                      No signature

Comment

You don’t see many of your or my generation trucks around at least where I live outside Boston. You have a classic and looks to be in great shape.
                        1982 GS1000S Katana
                        1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by pano View Post
                          You don’t see many of your or my generation trucks around at least where I live outside Boston. You have a classic and looks to be in great shape.
                          I see a few here...we are lucky that our climate helps...see lots of old cars that are everyday drivers
                          No signature

Comment

There's got to be a country song in this thread somewhere... 😉
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

My 2005 Ford F-350 diesel has 372,000 miles on it and still running strong
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X