No announcement yet.

Just bought A Beemer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good to know good shops, and visit them too. I have purchased accessories from shops like this just to patronize them.

Comment

It's always about relationships in all walks of life. I have forged many good relationships. I have a very good relationship with the owners and employees of Suzuki and BMW dealers that I deal with....I feel I get treated very well..for example I get loaner bikes when ever my bikes are in for service, priority bookings, accessory discounts etc. I also help promote their businesses....in the last 3 weeks I have sent two friends two buy bikes from my Suzuki dealership and there has been many more.....it's a two way street, I find.
      No signature

Comment

I think I'm done with any dealerships for the foreseeable future. I bought the BMW from a private seller and it is a total gem. I do my own maintenance on my bikes and have independent Harley and BMW shops for things that transcend my abilities/patience. My father worked for Porsche for twenty years before opening his own shop, which found him (and his customers) much happier. I always prefer the independent shops as a result.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          It's always about relationships in all walks of life.
          Right. It's the people. A good guy could be at a dealer or private, though a dealer might not have final say.

My guy is the owner/operator. He has a good reputation. His specialty is turbocharging Hayabusas, though one of his earlier projects ('77 KZ1000 turbo) is also on display.

The only other person I've ever seen working there is 'Bob,' who used to own an 11EZ. They own a dynomometer. Their work is impeccable. I'll mention the shop name in a moment (a 'senior' moment ).

His name is Davis. The shop is Powerhouse Motorcycles in West Babylon, New York. They work on sportbikes. The only thing he would do for my Sportster was slap an inspection sticker on it.
          Last edited by Rob S.; 04-01-2023, 09:45 PM.
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Just replaced the clutch cable on the R1100R. It broke miles from home in bumper to bumper traffic.
            Kicking a big twin into gear is not like a wet clutch multi and then had to figure out how to get home without stopping
            Got a replacement made by Venhil. I looks very good.
            I made the mistake of thinking that a '97 bike was new compared to an '80 850G.
            Another newb error to add to my impressive list.
            97 R1100R
            Previous
            80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I'd take your 85 R100RT any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
              X