No announcement yet.

Honda DOHC Supersports!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Works sells the seals and such so you can rebuild them for pretty cheap. I did a set and it was easy. Salty Monk (Dan) has them now and likes them (or so he told me).
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
      Nope - that's the blue 1100F I bought a couple of years back - slowly restoring it;

Nice work on the shock rebuilds

Comment

Slowly taking shape - always a milestone for me when they become rollers;

Comment

Slowly taking shape - always a milestone for me when they become rollers;

Very Nice.....

Comment

Thanks guys,already feel bad about ditching my 81 CB750Fproject.Was the right thing to do but...............

Comment

I had a bad experience with Works ??? I had a set of shocks from my 850 that I physically took to their shop and left for repair. The seals were leaking bad... They called me and said they were not rebuild able that the bodies were cracked.. Maybe I'm wrong I think one of the employees wanted them for their own project..

I had a 75 sohc 750 F model does that count

Comment

Got the engine cleaned up, painted and back in the frame

Comment

Looks like new, Peter.
                  All paint, no ceramic coating?
                  Did you make the bracketry for the Earls?
                  If you get a chance can you post a pic of it.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Very clean, that engine looks fantastic! Not that the rest of the build is weak, you have great attention to detail.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                      All paint, no ceramic coating?
                      Did you make the bracketry for the Earls?
                      If you get a chance can you post a pic of it.
                      Hi Steve - all paint on the engine. The ignition and alternator covers are polished and the valve cover is powdercoated.

I'd like to claim I fabricated the oil cooler bracket, but I purchased it as a complete kit from Japan. I think there are some closer up photos of the cooler and mount in my Photobucket album. If they don't show you what you need, let me know and I'll get you some photos and/or measurements.

Comment

looking good! those early 80s CBs sure are nice looking bikes.

Comment

Stunning ....

Comment

Getting closer;

Comment

Those are gorgeous. And they're not too expensive to buy either, at least for now. I bet they go up in value in a few years. The 79 and above CB750K was also very pretty in a classical way and I had my eye on a few of them this summer. Lovely lines, four pipes and wire wheels. Maybe next year....

Not mine:

Comment

Getting closer;

Fabulous!

Looking for a decent right rear signal if you know of one.

Comment

Working...
                                X