Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
    Getting closer;

I freakin love that thing. On the way home from work a couple days ago and there was one on a trailer being towed so I had to ask and was informed he just picked it up and it was not for sale bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
      Getting closer;

Is that a Marving pipe on there? I've only used their chromed 4-1s on my bikes - if it is one of theirs I would be interested in what you think of the black finish.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
        I freakin love that thing. On the way home from work a couple days ago and there was one on a trailer being towed so I had to ask and was informed he just picked it up and it was not for sale bummer.
        They're around - this one was listed on eBay last week with a BIN of $400 ;

Wasn't listed long before someone snapped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          Is that a Marving pipe on there? I've only used their chromed 4-1s on my bikes - if it is one of theirs I would be interested in what you think of the black finish.
          Good eye - yep, it's a Marving 4-1. Not the most common system over here, but it came with the bike when I bought it. The system was new and still in the wrapper - I never opened it until a couple of weeks ago and I assumed the whole time that it was a chrome system. I was surprised and pleased to discover it was a black version instead. Finish looks good and seems durable - time will tell;

Comment

Anybody recognize this CBX650? Must be a Canadien model, eh? I like it!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

We didn't get it.
              Lots of Euro plates in these pics...https://www.google.ca/search?q=cbx65...w=1280&bih=885
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

That Marving pipe is perfect! Tucks right in there and makes the bike pop.
                NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
                Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/3400147211.html
                  Not up here that I know of.Looks to be a 82 650 Nighthawk base.

Comment

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/3400147211.html
                    Its not a 650. Its a 750 Nighthawk. They never made a DOHC motor as a 650, at least none that ever came to Canada. Its also not a CBX, its a CB model. There were only two CBX models that I'm aware of, the six cylinder 1000 and a 550. The seller is wrong in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                      Its not a 650. Its a 750 Nighthawk. They never made a DOHC motor as a 650, at least none that ever came to Canada. Its also not a CBX, its a CB model. There were only two CBX models that I'm aware of, the six cylinder 1000 and a 550. The seller is wrong in the title.
                      Wrong again, Batman. Do a little research, apparently a Canadien model but certainly there WAS a CBX650 made by Honda in 82-85, just not released in the states!

Last edited by 83GS1100E_Tornado; 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM.
                      Current stable:

Comment

Wrong again, Batman. Do a little research, apparently a Canadien model but certainly there WAS a CBX650 made by Honda in 82-85, just not released in the states!

http://classic-motorbikes.net/gallery~Honda-CBX650
                        Holy crap Robin, you're right! Batman should have Googled it rather than relying on his fading memory. Never saw one, never heard of one. All the 650 Nighthawks that I ever saw were the SOHC motors based on the original 500, 550 and 750 motors of the 70's.

Comment

That's really the only reason I posted it, because they are so rare. I wouldn't mind having one, I've had a few 750 Nighthawks throughout the years and they are bullittproof and dead reliable! Great commuting bikes!!!!
                          Current stable:

Comment

We had this CBX for a short time, around 1983. I saw a couple and then they disappeared. And its a whole lot different from the Nighthawk styling, more European.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaggo60 View Post
                              We had this CBX for a short time, around 1983. I saw a couple and then they disappeared. And its a whole lot different from the Nighthawk styling, more European.
                              I bought the wife a cbx550 in 1990 it was a wheelie monster but they had severe issues with #3 I think crank bearing so I smoked the motor on my way home from Shannonville raceway.

Comment

Working...
                              X