No announcement yet.

My new project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I love how those ss allen heads look. Been getting good prices at Fastenal. Gotta buy lots of 25 or 50, though. On this bike I'm probably only using 10% of what I'm buying. That gives me lots of leftovers for the GS.

Comment

The CL's are neat little rides and I like the scrambler much more than the street, low pipe version. I almost bought myself one a couple months back. They seem to be pretty prevalent. Interesting oil filtration system. Finish that little beauty up and lets get it our for a ride. You have some beautiful scenery around semo.
      1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
      1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
      2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
        Has the "other projects" section gone dead? It seems almost as slow as the HondaTwins forum.
        Originally posted by pete View Post
        I'm still following... unfortunately my little Cucciolo project is just idling away with nothing happening at the moment. Can't seem to get any success getting my shed underway and I can't do much until that's done.
        I'm in pretty much the same boat as Pete on my KDX project.On hold waiting to get some $$ for parts.Thrashing to get my 85 750 done and tinkering a little with the 78 1000 leaves little time to worry about the dirt bike right now

Comment

There's no budget for new shocks on this project, so I did what I'm doing with everything else. I took them apart and glass-beaded them, then hit 'em with some paint if I think they need it. I know the paint on the shocks isn't going to last, especially on the springs. Just can't decide if I like the look. I'll have to have new shocks eventually.

Comment

UPS dropped off my new Dunlop 803's today, along with new tubes and rim strips. Don't really need the tires yet, but MCSS was having a tire sale, so I saved a few bucks. Hope that 4.00 fits in the swingarm. The 21 for the front looks like it might just tuck up under the front fender. I'll know soon. Should pick up the chopped-off rear fender from the powder-coater Mon.

Comment

Great project.

Comment

Way cool. Can't wait to see more!

Comment

I'm doing a lot of ss allen screws on this build. I'd like to use them for the motor mount bolts, and a few other places where stock lengths won't work. Any idea where a guy could get unthreaded ss allens? Small quantities, as I only need 10 or 12.

Comment

Now THAT'S a good looking tire/wheel combo. Had a heck of a time getting it on without scratching the finish on the wheel. Had to first grind off the nubs of the new Buchanan spokes. Used the Dremel for that. Then a new rim strip and tube.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Super cool.

Comment

So Ray, did you ever finish this guy up or did I miss it? Let's see it!
                        1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja

Comment

It's still moving along, very slowly. Been really busy with work. Bought a really nice tank recently on ebay, then discovered it wasn't for a 350. Seller is being good about it, says it was mislabeled accidentally. I'd like to have the engine soda-blasted but can't find a local that does it. Looking for a decent set of rear shocks and recently pulled one off the GS for a test fit. It didn't. My goal is to have it done by Oct, and take it to the Barber Festival.

Comment

Well keep plugging away. I want to see this one get done. And before October. I need an excuse to come south and do some riding ;-)

Finding blasting services in MO is a PIA no? I ended up just soaking my engine in some green degreaser stuff for like 4 days and then scrubbed, rinsed, and painted. Turned out ok. I would really love it if someone offered vapor blasting. That is the good stuff.
                            1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja

Comment

It was a lucky day for that little Honda when you got it.

Comment

Just ordered up a pair of Hagon rear shocks. Went slightly longer and fatter than stock. They should raise the rear about an inch. Should look good. Pics when I get 'em installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X