No announcement yet.

Like a hole in the head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clear coated the parts for the 400 today. Waited for them to dry for 3 hrs. in a 75 degree booth, carefully put them in the car and gingerly drove home. I hung the front fender from a small chain I looped from the coat hanger brackets above the rear windows in the back seat of my car. It's too light not to flop over on it's side and it was still a bit tacky..had to stare at it waving around in my rear view mirror for 50 miles...drove me crazy.

Took some down and dirty quick pics.

I like how the black slims this fender up.

Can't wait to mount this Ducati tail on..

Just need to sand and polish em at this point. Man, it's so cool to get to this stage...it never gets old..
    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Damn, I just squirted.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

There can be no doubt that your 400 will steal the show where ever it goes.

Comment

Thanks, you two. It looks killer in the sun..raining like a Mo-fo when I got home, though..dang.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

STUNNING

Comment

Stunning is right! Can't wait to see it all put back together!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Comment

That is pure awesomeness Larry! Fantastic

Love the colour combination and the quality of the job is just top notch typical Larry as well
                  1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                  1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I'm anxious to get it done, too. The seat is getting stitched up as we speak. Should be ready next weekend.
                    1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                      Our neighbors were basically trapped in their house for 1/2 hr. They're just not intimidated by us mere humans. Didn't see the mama moose, but she was probably around somewhere. People give them large leeway around here, for sure. That's at least the third or fourth time this winter that they were hangin' around looking for something to eat..and then they just disappear. One second they're there, and then..poof, they're gone.
                      I got stomped once on the back by a moose. Between the shoulder blades. Fortunately, it didn't hurt that much. Later that evening, a large cow moose front kicked my buddy in the chest, which knocked the cap off his bottle of Grolsch. He flew the length of my pickup and landed on his back.

That was in Fairbanks. Sand Point seems like a cool place. I looked at some work at a gas compressor plant just outside of town to the west once.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Finally got the 400F buttoned up and polished out. Took close to 7 months, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Glad she's done..

1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Thanks for lookin', and thanks for all the support, you guys.

Larry
                          1979 GS1000S,

Comment

It looks like the epitome of what I would call a pocket rocket!
                            Well done indeed Larry.

Comment

Nice of you to say, I appreciate it. Can't wait to ride it again.
                              1979 GS1000S,

Comment

Don't care that it is a Honda, looks like B.O.M. material to me.
                                Larry, a great combo of stock and custom.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X