Bought an '89 Katana 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
    May i ask, why did they fail? I'm currently freshening up one of these before installing it into my '83 750es. Not that there is much '83 left of it anymore. I had to chop off some of the bottom of the fuel tank cause the carbs sit up so high with the DOT head.
    pm sent as not to clog up OP's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
      You know, you can swap the GSXR1100 Crank, clutch basket rods, pistons, cylinder, studs, and cam chain into the short stroke cases. The you have a 6 speed 1127/750 Katana.
      G
      Sounds interesting Any more info on that or a write up?
      My top end isnt in too great shape, and if I have to take it apart might be fun to upgrade.
      Been watching ebay and there doesnt seem like much 1127 stuff for sale, does the 1052 stuff work too?

Comment

Not hard. Change studs for the cylinder too. Or you could just swap in a whole engine. Why bother with a 1052. The 1127 has bigger ports and carbs. I would sell you mine but an trading it for some work. It has the 6-speed conversion and RS38 carbs, header, several oil pans and a forked rocker head and cams as extra. Into it for $2500 so it's no cheap.
        Laters
        Greg
        sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
        2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
        Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
        '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Working...
        X