Any Harley's here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wally View Post
    Well, mine isn't really Harley, but Harley derived...

I love my Uly - with all it's quirks!

Hydraulic, self-adjusting valves, belt drive... maintenance is real easy!

I do have a liking in the new 883 Irons. I think they got the proportions and styling right. i wouldn't mind one - even though I have been a Suzuki rider for lots of years.

There is something magic about the sound of a big twin purring long at cruising speed. And my Uly handles really well!
    I like the Ulysses too. How many miles on it? I've been looking at them used, and a lot of sellers seem to be bragging about top end rebuilds at 15000 miles and stuff. Have you had it for the long haul?

As to 883 proportions, 2" of rear wheel travel is a style over function proportion that just seems absurd. That is just me though.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
      As to 883 proportions, 2" of rear wheel travel is a style over function proportion that just seems absurd. That is just me though.
      Never understood that.

Comment

Had mine for going on 3 years.

Apart from O2 sensor breaking out on rear header, it was silly newbie mistakes from my aside.

It has almost 30 000km on the clock (bought it with 8 500km).
        It is the 25th anniversary edition which includes the panniers.

It handles the corners really well, soaks up bumps, great in traffic for a large capacity bike, really competent off-road and is great for long distance touring.

I really love it. Regular maintenance and it wills serve you well!

The 883s look cool, whether they ride that way is another story all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          I don't care what anyone says, I still want an XR1200. Or an old XR750...
          An older customer where I use to work years ago had a mint XR750 he only rode in parades. He use to tell me about Evel Knievel and such. He brought it in once for something, beautiful bike!

Comment

Mert Lawwill's Street Tracker is pretty hawt. I'm not sure it's street legal though.
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              Mert Lawwill's Street Tracker is pretty hawt. I'm not sure it's street legal though.
              Storz Performance makes cool stuff for Sportsters to make them look like XRs. They don't give it away, but its cool. I've seen a couple XR750s on the street.

sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Here's mines.

Comment

Friend o' mine sponsors this XR.

'80 GS1000ST
                  '92 ZX-11
                  Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X