Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's confirmed, I have an addiction, just bought another bike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have fun building a collection.
    But don't expect the addiction top stop at 5.

I started out thinking I would get 3 bikes with 1 modern & 2 vintage.
    So far vintage ended up with 5 1975's, 2 newer Hondas (85 & 86 Nighthawks) + a few others.
    For modern have only a Triumph Bonneville but that might change this year.

Comment

I agree, I had 7 bikes at one point in my life... Back down to 3, technically 4 if you count the GSX650F I'm currently have on layaway fro someone.

It's a matter of room and use for me. 1 daily rider, one weekend hooligan and one classic... That's all I have room for so that's all I need.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I don't know if it was suggested before, but just in case: CHANGE THE BELTS BEFORE YOU DO ANY SERIOUS RIDING.
        This may sound extreme, but if the bike is not running since '09 the belts are garbage. Those two valve Ducati engines last forever if you pay some attention to them. Remember this is not a japanese bike.
        My 1995 900SS is one of my most reliable bikes and fun to ride, so I'm sure you will enjoy your Duc.
        Gaucho

Comment

Good point about the belts and something else, Ducati belt-related; the belts are nothing special, so you can get them from a Gates stockist but without the fancy (and costly) Ducati packet/wrapper.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Folks,

All good advice - the current plan (once the GS is done) is the following:
            1. complete tune up with new timing belts & new battery + valve adjustment
            2. carb disassembly/cleaning
            3. perform necessary repairs (leak fixes, replacing old hoses/bad gaskets, check electrical system, etc)
            4. rebuild front suspension with new springs/seals/oil
            5. replace rear suspension with hagon adjustable shock
            6. replace tires
            7. bath/wax
            Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
            René Descartes

Comment

This what I use on my bike, half of the cost of an OEM: http://ca-cycleworks.com/tb900
              Gaucho

Comment

Originally posted by Gaucho View Post
                This what I use on my bike, half of the cost of an OEM: http://ca-cycleworks.com/tb900
                Gaucho
                That's hilarious, because I bought the Leo Vince exhaust for my Yamaha from them! Great people!
                Cogito ergo sum - "I think, therefore I am"
                René Descartes

Comment

Working...
                X