No announcement yet.

4 1/2 year quest may be ending tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird dreams people have. I remember when you found that TX. I always wanted one. Just found mine- without wheels and in two large and well labeled Rubbermaid totes. I am not planning on flipping it but I may trip over it in the garage.

Comment

There ya go!!! Get into those totes and have fun.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Chuck, you aren't suggesting that you are are going to fix it up and actually RIDE it are you? Not just make it look pretty and talk about how much you know about bikes on this forum and leave it
        parked in the garage??? What is WRONG with you!!!??? LOL.

Comment

He has integrity, that's what's wrong with 'im.
          Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

The SC Nighthawks were way sweet bikes. Far from slow, beautifully balanced, do it all bikes. I prefer the '85-86 700 SC (or, if out of the U.S., the 750), but love the 650s as well. Awesome rides.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Motorcycles are not a rational decision. Congratulations on getting back "the one that got away."
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                What are you going to do with another bike Chuck? It's not like that thing is super cool or anything. I'd pass unless you think you can fix and flip for profit. I don't think there's much upside in that bike though.
                Amen to this, just another throwaway UJM with very little upside, and very little resale value. Basically, a nostalgia purchase, no doubt. Nothing wrong with that, just don't profess to us later how you sold it for XXXX amount of money and make a killing on it. I think 600 is too much, I see people selling these things all the time for a couple hundred bucks.
                Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Well If I sell it and make 10 bucks then I will post a picture of the reciept I give the guy...fair enough??? And if he consents to posing for a shot I will take one of him too. LOL
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Just giving you a hard time Chuck, like always. I actually rode one of those around in the 80's, they are fun little bikes, I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen on one!
                    Current stable:

Comment

I "think" it may be one of Hondas longest running lines ever???

Comment

Wouldn't that be the Goldwing? 75-current?
                        Current stable:

Comment

Yeah, the Goldthing is the longest running, though the CB series definitely has a pedigree.
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Yeah I guess the Wings got the longest pedigree.

Anyway, got it in the shop. Tank is got a ding up front right under the handle bar area and some paint chipping but I could cafe less right now. Guy said the last time he had it running was late August. Opened the tank lid and it was almost spotless.

I took off the seat to get to the air intake duct and poured in a gallon of gas and gave a good shot of starter fluid and she lit right off. Warmed it up well on choke and she idled off choke very smoothly. Grabbed the throttle and gave it a twist and she ran up like it was last ridden a week ago.

Has a Supertrap 4 into 1 exhaust and an extra chrome header thats really in good shape. NEW tires and the rubber nubbies arent even worn off yet!!! New battery as well.

Now the "bad" so to speak. It had been stolen and the kids that shoved it down the street Jacked a screw driver into the ignition and cracked the lens on the instruments...it is what it is as they say. I will tinker with it and soon it will have its wounds healed and be looking a lot better.

Gonna be 60 tomorrow afternoon and I will be riding it for a short run. Had it on the center stand and ran it up and down the gears and was smooth as silk and no noise. Little noise from the clutch but soon as you out a little pressure on the lever and the slave cylinder loads the push rod a tad it stops so gonna be pulling the cover and checking the hub nut. Slave cylinder rebuild kit is 30.00 and thats gonna get done too.

Of course the usual brake system tear down and cleaning...blah blah blah will need done. Will post a video tomorrow evening sometime.

Comment

OK....went thru the carbs today and got it running much better than it was last night. Guy said it was last ran in August and they werent very dirty inside at all. But as we all know they took a soaking, poked all the jets, tons of carb spray and compressor air and reassembled.

Wrenching over at Stahlgrau333s shop ( 2 car garage ). Had him run it up and that Supertrapp sounds pretty good. Once that was done I took to seeing what the chatter was in the clutch area. Input shaft bearing is spun. Guy didnt lie that it was making noise..and he said he didnt know why but "somehow" I get the feeling he knew.

Anyway its just a pain to have to yank the engine for a few hrs of swapping the bearings out. But it is what it is and the new stuff is on the way. Gives me something to do in the next week or so...LOL

Obviously, didnt get to ride it. But at least I know all the gears are there from last night.

Hope this link works...

Last edited by chuck hahn; 01-17-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

So you have to split the cases and replace the transmission? Bummer man.
                                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                                X