No announcement yet.

2008 Suzuki GSX1340BK B-King, Daily Rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"B" is for "Boost" King, bikes were originally slated to be supercharged, that's why you can build one up to 250-300 hp without getting into the engine internals. I think Brocks makes a 4 into 1 exhaust for these that sounds awesome!

Here it is:

or

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

There's nothing like the sound of a big in-line four through a single exhaust. Plus I can't see sitting on so much heat. Plus it raises the C.G.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A 4 to 1 would be awesome!!! But I would have to import it likely. I agree, 4 to 1 sounds awesome! My favorite sounding bike was my GS750L with the sidewinder.

I hear the heat is not noticeable. I can't comment till I start riding everyday. I can say with experience the FZ6's are under tail exhausts W/ cats and even on 100' days you don't notice any heat in the seat. Can't see why the B-K would be any different.

Yup bottom ends are good till 300WHP. I'm following a B-King member over seas whos boosting his and is looking to 250 whp on stock internals. Huge aftermarket support for these bikes the sky is the limit on them. Why I went down the 13400cc Suzuki big block route. When I get tired of the 185hp I can upgrade pretty easily and not ridiculously expensive. Thanks to the Hayabusa there is allot of R&D into reliable post factory forced induction on this mill.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          Wow, another one for next to nothing. I keep seeing them this cheap, I'm gonna have to get another one. LOL.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcd/4903995422.html
          Another dealer selling one for stupid cheap. Exactly like mine minus this one has a stock exhaust.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Brakes!
            So today I got into replacing the brake pads of the BK. I would have to say it was a pretty straight forward job even though it's my first time diving into radially mounted calipers. The worst part about the job was the 25' weather. I did the job in about 20 minutes.

So here is the new pads that came with the bike. Looks like a generic Hayabusa pad in the front but the rear pads are sintered. The Front pads came in a box labeled 2008 Hayabusa. The rear pads were labeled for a 2008 B-King

Now I really wasn't too concerned about having a sintered in the back and conventional in the front. I have the same type of pad setup on my FZ1 and have no complaints. If anything the rear delivers a little more bite and can contribute more on on shedding off that speed. I wouldn't recommend this if you plan on doing allot of braking or track days but for my use this setup worked well with my FZ1, even fully loaded.

So only 2 12mm bolts hold on the calipers. I removed the 2 bolts and the caliper came off very easily. The assembly looks brand new and didn't have any issues.
            +
            In order to remove the pads you have to remove the pin that holds the clip and pads to the caliper. There is a flat head cover screw and beneath it is the pin which is threaded to the caliper.

Here's an inside look of the 4 pot caliper. I have to say these units are very ROBUST. Very thick and heavy. I can tell they don't flex or travel with brake use. In comparison to my stoppers on the FZ1 these things are just bricks. But I guess thats why in the GEN 2 Busa ran these vs the old 6 pot conventional guys...

After doing the Front I moved to the back. It's a conventional single pot stopper, very similar to the design of a single pot stopper found on the GS's. Also it's Tokico not a Nissin like the fronts... Interesting right? well to remove this guys it's 1 14mm bolt, 1 10mm bolt and the pin for the pads...
            Before

After:

And Piston of the rear

The rear pads were just about shot... Luckily I replaced them in time. The front pads where about 40% life but replaced them anyway.

The rear pads were a PITA to put in, as you can see the clips and the pad rest on the bracket around the rotor. Very interesting design. It was the hardest part of the brake job.

All back together!!!

I'll take it for a spin the next day it goes north of 32'. But it was relatively easy.

Next step is lighting, I'll be upgrading the head light to HID and LED. Those parts should come in soon!
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

This one only has 3K miles! Yea, it's been down, but none of that damage looks expensive or hard to fix. Bet you could get it for 5K.

Current stable:

Comment

That's a deal. If it really has 3100 miles but I think it's on the maintenance odo. Little scuff is nothing to be too afraid of. $5500 is a good price, as much as I paid for mine with 19K but a butt load of post factory bits...

It's also the black one so its faster too... (So they claim on the B-King forum)
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I sent the guy an email for grins, I'm missing mine already.
                  Current stable:

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                    I sent the guy an email for grins, I'm missing mine already.
                    Why not!? Hell you could ride out and grab it and leave it my place in VT until the snow melts away down there. LOL
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                    X