Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time wetsanding clearcoat.....ooops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, gotcha. I'll use anything that works! Good on you for finding what works best for you. Let's hope the next time I do this I'll be better. Hah!

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
    Using a DA sort of outs you as an amateur. Most pros I've seen use rotating buffers. A DA is a lot safer from burn-through though. It's slower but so what.

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
      The guy at the paint store I bought the compounds from told me to stay away from a DA. Who knows.

I ended up with this:
      Amazing deals on this 3In Air Polisher Kit at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Let us know how this works for you. I just bought one a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet.

1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
      1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

remember, friction, you can also burn the clear with a foam pad, just take your time, also on your damaged part, you might be able to salvage it if you just "smuged" the surface. Kind'a looks like a skid mark, see if you can flatten it out with some 1500 and a rubber block (wet), if you have enough material on it you might be ok.

Comment

Works great. Much easier on smaller curves for sure.

Originally posted by jsandidge View Post
          Let us know how this works for you. I just bought one a few weeks ago and haven't used it yet.

Comment

Working...
          X